Author Topic: link error with fedora core1  (Read 5411 times)

DMG

link error with fedora core1
« on: August 15, 2005, 04:15:15 pm »
We have FC1 installed system wide and it's not possible to change this fundamentally.
I wanted to install codeblocks for some of our developers to try out.

built gtk+ 2.6.9 to separate location (and it's dependencies).
built wx-widgets 2.4.2 against these with --enable-gtk2 option, the wxgtk patch, and the contribs
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH is set to accomodate the locations of these two libraries.

Tried to build codeblocks and got these errors:
Linking executable devel/codeblocks.exe...
g++ -Ldevel -Lsdk/tinyxml -L/usr/lib -o devel/codeblocks.exe .objs/src/app.o .objs/src/dlgabout.o .objs/src/dlgaboutplugin.o .objs/src/environmentsettingsdlg.o .objs/src/impexpconfig.o .objs/src/main.o .objs/src/prefix.o .objs/src/printdlg.o .objs/src/startherepage.o   `wx-config --libs`  -lcodeblocks -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4 -lwx_gtk2_stc-2.4   -mwindows
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::IsOwnGtkWindow(_GdkWindow*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [devel/codeblocks.exe] Error 1

DMG

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: link error with fedora core1
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 01:50:19 am »
Try to remove that -mwindows. Did you use Makefile, or Makefile.unix?

grv575

DMG

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 06:21:14 pm »
I am using Makefile.unix. I additional error messges when I remove -mwindow.

> make -f Makefile.unix
Linking executable devel/codeblocks.exe...
g++ -Ldevel -Lsdk/tinyxml -L/usr/lib -o devel/codeblocks.exe .objs/src/app.o .objs/src/dlgabout.o .objs/src/dlgaboutplugin.o .objs/src/environmentsettingsdlg.o .objs/src/impexpconfig.o .objs/src/main.o .objs/src/prefix.o .objs/src/printdlg.o .objs/src/startherepage.o   `wx-config --libs`  -lcodeblocks -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4 -lwx_gtk2_stc-2.4   
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::IsOwnGtkWindow(_GdkWindow*)'
/software/wxwindows/gtk2.6-2.4.2/linux.fedora1.i386/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `g_return_if_fail_warning'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [devel/codeblocks.exe] Error 1

grv575: the problem in that thread seems to be solved because different version of the contrib libraries were used and the makefile needed updating. Although that doesn't make sense to me because Yiannis posted that using GTK1.x segfaults.

DMG

grv575

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 06:57:17 pm »
OK, I just wanted to make sure you checked that the libraries in the Makefile pointed to by
LIBS_WXSTC=
LIBS_WXXRC=
do actually exist in the libpath of your system.  The link had users who had to change these env variables to match which specific wx libs were actually present.