Author Topic: The 26 October 2007 build (4564) is out.  (Read 39141 times)

Solarus

Re: The 26 October 2007 build (4564) is out.
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 08:51:00 am »
It's working , thank you :) !

supperbond

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 01:39:19 pm »
Can you develop a plug in to make the editor in cb work like the editor in eclipse??

I really like some funtions like class view and code auto completed in eclipse cdt. The class view in cb is to small and cannot use as fast as the cdt, and the code auto completed does not include the (),{}. That is to say, when I input "(" in cdt, then the cdt editor auto place "()", so I can input something easily in the braces. Then, when i finish, i just hit enter, the cursor auto move after "()". I try to find some ways to make the editor in cb act like cdt, but things seems to be impossible.

So, maybe a new plug in needed!

Offline XayC

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 02:58:22 pm »
While I totally agree with you on that fact that it would be nice to have these features, you probably don't know how much time, code and skill are required to write something like that.
In other words: don't expect it to be implemented soon.

Regards, XayC

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 04:36:49 pm »
The class view in cb is to small and cannot use as fast as the cdt, and the code auto completed does not include the (),{}. That is to say, when I input "(" in cdt, then the cdt editor auto place "()", so I can input something easily in the braces. Then, when i finish, i just hit enter, the cursor auto move after "()". I try to find some ways to make the editor in cb act like cdt, but things seems to be impossible.

Have you tried Settings > Editor > Code-completion and symbols browser > Fill-up chars ? Add the (){} or whatever char you wish to start code-completion.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

koza

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 01:23:29 am »
Hi.
I am a newbie to the Code::Blocks, so i don't know, if this should be characterized (and submitted) as a bug. I was trying to use custom build command and

had a trouble using custom variable as directory path when the variable value contained a space.
Code::Blocks 4564 win32

Settings->Compiler and Debugger settings->Custom Variables->Add

Key:TESTPATH
Value:C:\Program Files

After pressing OK, you can see the Value enclosed in the quotation marks: "C:\Program Files"
As I use the variable $(TESTPATH) anywhere, it is always replaced with "C:\Program Files" (including quotation marks)
which causes trouble when you want to use a custom build command (File->Properties->Advanced->Use custom command to build this file) ex. $(TESTPATH)\CustomBuilder\builder.exe will be in the compiler execution process replaced
with "C:\Program Files"\CustomBuilder\builder.exe failing to execute the desired tool

Of course, if i have spaces in the Value of a variable and i want to use that variable as a directory path, i have to enclose the final usage into quotation marks by myself (ex. "$(TESTPATH)\CustomBuilder\builder.exe" )

The only way, i could manage to execute the builder.exe in this example was to edit that custom variable (in the edit field, the value will be including the quotation marks) and delete the ending quotation mark leaving the value in form "C:\Program Files (deleting also the starting " will cause the new enclosure of the value with new pair of quotation marks) and after that editing the custom command and inserting one " only at the end ex. $(TESTPATH)\CustomBuilder\builder.exe"

supperbond

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 04:56:35 am »
The class view in cb is to small and cannot use as fast as the cdt, and the code auto completed does not include the (),{}. That is to say, when I input "(" in cdt, then the cdt editor auto place "()", so I can input something easily in the braces. Then, when i finish, i just hit enter, the cursor auto move after "()". I try to find some ways to make the editor in cb act like cdt, but things seems to be impossible.

Have you tried Settings > Editor > Code-completion and symbols browser > Fill-up chars ? Add the (){} or whatever char you wish to start code-completion.

I have tried to do so as you say, but it doesnot work. I do add (){} to Fillup character in code completion, but when I type { in editor and hit enter, it doesnot fill the other }. Maybe I use it wrong. So please tell me the exectly way. Thank u!

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 05:13:50 am »
I have tried to do so as you say, but it doesnot work. I do add (){} to Fillup character in code completion, but when I type { in editor and hit enter, it doesnot fill the other }. Maybe I use it wrong. So please tell me the exectly way. Thank u!

This is not supported.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 03:45:26 pm »
My build runs fine but I get no SVN number or date (Windows XP SP2).
Make sure your system has Subversion installed and the svn.exe is in PATH.
And be so kind to:
1. not hijack threads with something obviously unrelated
2. search the forum before posting, as this has been answered 2000 times already
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline jorgino

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 11:08:49 pm »
hey pasgui, this is what I get when I copy exactly the line you typed onto my terminal window:

ubuntu@pc:~$ sudo apt-get install libcodeblocks0 codeblocks libwxsmithlib0 codeblocks-contrib
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package libcodeblocks0 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package libcodeblocks0 has no installation candidate

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 05:08:01 am »
@jorgino

Did you read and follow?

http://lgp203.free.fr/spip/spip.php?article2

You need to add a source as stated in above link.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline jorgino

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 12:38:55 am »
Hi, thanks stahta01, I did follow the instructions and added the link, I was able to install part of the package, now this is what I get:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  libcodeblocks0: Depends: libwxgtk2.8-0 (>= 2.8.6) but 2.8.4.0-0ubuntu3 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

I did try to install the libwxgtk2.8 but I got some other version and I'm still unable to install Codeblocks, what else am I supposed to do?

Thanks again.