User forums > Help

Compiling Dll and Lib in BCC

(1/2) > >>

jpattee:
I am using the borland compiler.  It compiles and links exe files OK.  It compiles dll and lib files OK but there is a problem with linking.

I have tried changing the registry entries but it has no effect.  CodeBlocks doesn't seem to be using the registry for these.

Linker message for the dll follows:

ilink32.exe    -L"C:\_jpFiles\Programs\CodeBlocks\Borland\BCC55\Lib" -L"C:\_jpFiles\Programs\CodeBlocks\Borland\BCC55\Lib\PSDK" -o "AStyle.dll"    obj\Astyle\src\ASCase.obj obj\Astyle\src\ASFormatter.obj obj\Astyle\src\ASResource.obj obj\Astyle\src\astyle_main.obj obj\Astyle\src\ASBeautifier.obj   
Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
Fatal: Unable to open file 'ASTYLE.DLL'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 3 seconds)
1 errors, 34 warnings

Linker message for the static library follows.  The problem is the 'o' in 'obj'.  When I change this to something else, the unexpected char is always the first letter.

tlib.exe /C "lib\AStyle.lib" +obj\Astyle\src\ASCase.obj obj\Astyle\src\ASFormatter.obj obj\Astyle\src\ASResource.obj obj\Astyle\src\astyle_main.obj obj\Astyle\src\ASBeautifier.obj ,
TLIB 4.5 Copyright (c) 1987, 1999 Inprise Corporation
Error: unexpected char 'o' in command line
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 2 seconds)
0 errors, 34 warnings

rickg22:
OK um... define "using the registry". You got me confused in there.

jpattee:
CodeBlocks has registry entries like "Link object files to static library" with a value of "$lib_linker /C $static_output +$link_objects,$def_output".  Changing these values didn't seem to change the command line.  For instance, I removed the + before "+$link_objects", but it was still there in the call to tlib.exe.

rickg22:
I guess you don't know you can change these settings in "Advanced compiler settings", don't you?

jpattee:
Thanks, I didn't know that.

So...
What do I change to eliminate the errors?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version