Author Topic: GDB Debugging Enhancement?  (Read 16607 times)

timberwofl

GDB Debugging Enhancement?
« on: October 23, 2007, 03:22:40 pm »
Sorry, I'm new to this forum but not new to Code::Blocks and had a suggestion / question. Would it be possible to add a small addition to the gdb configuration? Using a QNX debugger requires the additional parameter of "--debugger" to be set to one of QNX's *-gdb.exe"s before entering GDB initialization commands. I was thinking it would be useful to have the ability to pass a command line arguement or two to GDB. Of course I could be either A) missing something, or B) in the wrong forum... :)

Thanks for the great work so far!

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: GDB Debugging Enhancement?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 01:23:23 pm »
Try setting additional parameters at Project > Properties > Debugger > Extra GDB init section.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

timberwofl

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 08:04:47 pm »
Ok, so I had that plugin disabled. What is Code::Blocks method to find gdb.exe? Is it path based, or something else? (Since now all I would need to do is express the desire to run ntoarm-gdb.exe instead of a "gdb.exe")

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 08:07:17 pm »
Ok, so I had that plugin disabled. What is Code::Blocks method to find gdb.exe? Is it path based, or something else? (Since now all I would need to do is express the desire to run ntoarm-gdb.exe instead of a "gdb.exe")

Settings > Compilers and debugger > Toolchain executables > Debugger.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

timberwofl

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 08:47:43 pm »
Alright, let me say I apologize for the time used. However, might I say that I would not have looked under Compiler Settings for the debugger that I want to use when the Debugger Settings section is right there as well. I do appreciate the assistance, and thank you. Again, Code::Blocks has everything you need (just need to look for it, right?)

Offline Keyla

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 10:53:20 am »
Yes you are right "Compiler toolchain" would be more precise. Anyway, Im very interessted in feedback for your experiences with ARM and C::B :)