User forums > Embedded development

GDB Debugging Enhancement?

(1/2) > >>

timberwofl:
Sorry, I'm new to this forum but not new to Code::Blocks and had a suggestion / question. Would it be possible to add a small addition to the gdb configuration? Using a QNX debugger requires the additional parameter of "--debugger" to be set to one of QNX's *-gdb.exe"s before entering GDB initialization commands. I was thinking it would be useful to have the ability to pass a command line arguement or two to GDB. Of course I could be either A) missing something, or B) in the wrong forum... :)

Thanks for the great work so far!

Biplab:
Try setting additional parameters at Project > Properties > Debugger > Extra GDB init section.

timberwofl:
Ok, so I had that plugin disabled. What is Code::Blocks method to find gdb.exe? Is it path based, or something else? (Since now all I would need to do is express the desire to run ntoarm-gdb.exe instead of a "gdb.exe")

Biplab:

--- Quote from: timberwofl on October 25, 2007, 08:04:47 pm ---Ok, so I had that plugin disabled. What is Code::Blocks method to find gdb.exe? Is it path based, or something else? (Since now all I would need to do is express the desire to run ntoarm-gdb.exe instead of a "gdb.exe")

--- End quote ---

Settings > Compilers and debugger > Toolchain executables > Debugger.

timberwofl:
Alright, let me say I apologize for the time used. However, might I say that I would not have looked under Compiler Settings for the debugger that I want to use when the Debugger Settings section is right there as well. I do appreciate the assistance, and thank you. Again, Code::Blocks has everything you need (just need to look for it, right?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version