Author Topic: Debugger issues ??  (Read 3484 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Debugger issues ??
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:50:30 pm »
Can anyone confirm the following problem (use a latest svn build, so one you build yourself).
Create a new console app with the wizard. Double/tripple the cout << ... line in main.cpp.

Put breakpoints on those lines, and debug. I never reach those breakpoints [MinGW 3.4.5 and 4.2.1].

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Debugger issues ??
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 04:57:16 pm »
ok checked on MinGW GCC 3.4.5 : this is broken due to revision 4584.

@Yiannis : we waited and have seen, this gives issues ;-)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:01:20 pm by killerbot »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 05:19:23 pm »
has been reverted

Offline Belgabor

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:43:19 am »
Sorry to hijack your thread, but as I wanted to start a thread with the very same title, so as your issue is resolved...

I have been unable to debug with C::B for quite a while now, unfortunately I cannot say when it started :/
I use MinGW's 4.2.1-dw2 as compiler and tried gdb-6.3 and 6.6 with different results, although both fall into the "no-worky" cathegory. CB version is rev 4564

gdb-6.3
This version seems to object to spaces in the file/directory names when setting breakpoints, so I get errors like
Code
No source file named C:/Development/svn/RCT3 Importer/src/RCT3 Tool/wxdlgModel.cpp.
Breakpoint 1 ("C:/Development/svn/RCT3 Importer/src/RCT3 Tool/wxdlgModel.cpp:1082) pending.
Maybe I could fix that with a setting in CB, but I faild to find one that I thought would apply.

gdb-6.6
This version is totally unstable for me. The debugged app crashes after a random time (without any breakpoints). Setting breakpoints can lead to immeadiate crashes due to Illegal Instructions. But it depends on the line of the breakpoint, sometimes it works till the random crash. I'm completely at a loss here, but I'm pretty positive that this is not related to CB as it crashes when started and debugging from cli/msys as well.

I hope someone can help, as debugging by wxMessageBox is not really fun... :?