Author Topic: Search Paths??  (Read 3185 times)

Offline deadneurons

• Multiple posting newcomer
Search Paths??
« on: October 09, 2007, 06:45:32 am »
hello,
first off I'd like thank the groups for making C:B available to all.
I'm new like everyone else was. I downloaded svn4503 last night and was successful
running it. I want to use CB specifically for WinARM (I'm also newbie to ARM btw) I managed to make it work I was able to compile the sample that came with WinARM from within CB using custom makefile.

Now I tried to organize my files so that it's in own folders (e.g *.h files to h folder, *.c files to src folder)
I followed all instructions I found on the forum for setting up search directories, but CB still
don't find the include files.
I have it setup like this.
Code
#include "types.h"
I have gotten used to Mplab IDE for PIC, it works without explicitly declaring "h\types.h" once I set the search directories. How can I do the same with CB?

I attached my .cbp  renamed .txt file maybe it would help anyone help me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mariocup

Re: Search Paths??
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:25:31 am »
Hi,

just add the search paths for your compiler in the settings/compiler and debugger.

Offline deadneurons

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 03:22:28 pm »
I have tried it and it didn't work. I don't have trouble compiling if everything is in one folder.
I have also set the search path in the "project build option" and still no go. I'm using svn4515 now btw.

thanks.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 07:59:47 pm »
I have tried it and it didn't work.
If you are using makefiles to build your project the directory settings are *not* being used. You need to adjust the makefile for the compilation to work. Alternatively don't use make but the C::B build system.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline deadneurons

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 12:22:39 am »
thanks, I was thinking that I have to do that in the makefile since I already change my target to src\main in it before the messages shows that it couldn't find the other headers. I'm very new to makefiles, I'll check the build system of C::B.