Author Topic: Trouble with acknowleding changes (SOLVED)  (Read 4107 times)

jcoggins

Trouble with acknowleding changes (SOLVED)
« on: October 04, 2007, 04:36:12 am »
Maybe this is something that I am doing wrong but I can start a simple project (say something that simply prints "Hello World" to the screen) and it will build and run perfectly.  Then I change the program (by doing something as simple as having it print something other then "Hello World") and when I build and run the program again it does not acknowled that the original program has changed (it still prints "Hello World" instead of the new thing I told it to print).

Maybe there is some option in preferences that I do not have set right.

I am using the October 1st (4503) build.

Jason
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 04:52:11 pm by jcoggins »

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
Re: Trouble with acknowleding changes
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 02:34:56 pm »
Make sure you close out the running app displaying your message before you recompile.  If you dont do that then the exe is in use and cant be overwritten with your changes.  So when you run it again it -is- still using the same exe as before you updated the messages.

That work for you?

jcoggins

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 02:46:31 am »
No, this did not help.  I even shut down the computer and restarted it in the morning and it still refuses to acknowled the simple change I made in the program.  It acts as if it is not saving changes to the file (even though I told it to save all changes) and is reusing an old c++ source file.

Jason

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 03:51:01 am »
7zip your project directory after you 'clean' it and upload it.  I'll download and test for you.

jcoggins

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 04:07:51 am »
What do you mean by "clean" it and where do I upload it too?

Jason

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 06:31:44 pm »
Clean the project from the menu.  That removes all the object and binary files, reducing the overall directory size.  And you can upload it anywhere.  Megaupload or somewhere else.  Just paste the link where you uploaded it to.

Seronis

jcoggins

Re: Trouble with acknowleding changes (SOLVED)
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 01:56:57 am »
I found the problem.  I had previously installed build RC2 and I did not erase all the files (especially the .dll files) that were connected to that version.  I deleted the entire folder containing all the code blocks files from my computer and reinstalled the nightly build again and this fixed the problem.  I remember some warning about the nightly build using different versions of some of the .dll files and I am assuming that was what was causing the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
Re: Trouble with acknowleding changes (SOLVED)
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 02:17:14 pm »
That'll do it =-)

The nightlies actually use a new dll fairly recently too, as there was an upgrade in the wxWidgets framework from version 2.6.3 to 2.8.4.  Could also be expecting another upgrade to 2.8.6 if it proves stable enough over the next month or two (recent set of bug fixes applied over x.5 widgets release).

So keep an eye on the sticky topics at the top of the nightlies page.  It gets updated anytime that a new dll is required, and each nightly release always has a link to whatever the current dll happens to be.