Author Topic: Directories  (Read 7160 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Directories
« on: August 06, 2005, 11:57:11 pm »
I was playing around with compiling static the default wxWidgets app (I changed the templates again to allow 2.6.1 static compiling).  More specifically, I was playing around with static compilation.  I found out that the project directories override the environment directories, and this is good.  I have another directory which contains static a compilation of wxWidgets 2.6.1 (actually it's just the directory it was placed in by the compile for now).  I placed that directory in the project directories under linker, and everything linked and ran fine.  I should note that the IDE directories point to my dynamic libraries for wxWidgets.

Well, this got me thinking.  What if the C::B had the ability to have directories defined  for 3 possibilities (ALL, static linking, and Dynamic linking)?  How hard would this be?  I might take a look at the files to check this out.  I was wondering what everybody else thought first.  I need to become familiar with the innards of C::B.
Joe M.

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline AkiraDev

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Directories
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 03:20:42 am »
Two words: Multiple targets.

C::B can let you compile the same source code in different fashions for a project.

Check under Project -> Properties, and Project -> Build options. You can redefine everything, from defined preprocessor symbols to directories from target to target.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 01:35:42 am »

C::B can let you compile the same source code in different fashions for a project.

Check under Project -> Properties, and Project -> Build options. You can redefine everything, from defined preprocessor symbols to directories from target to target.

Actually, I was thinking more on the compiler options.  Although compiler options (not under the project specific, but global) based on different targets might be good.  For example being able to set one set of universal directories for use for static compiling and another for dynamic compilation.
Joe M.

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline AkiraDev

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 02:31:08 am »

Actually, I was thinking more on the compiler options.  Although compiler options (not under the project specific, but global) based on different targets might be good.  For example being able to set one set of universal directories for use for static compiling and another for dynamic compilation.
Joe M.

OK, now I see what you mean... Maybe the ability to export the compiler options and recover them from a list would suffice?