Author Topic: Code Blocks Intel compilers and cmake  (Read 7482 times)

alin.elena

Code Blocks Intel compilers and cmake
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:14:59 pm »
Hi,

I am testing CodeBlocks (svn 4422) on kubuntu 7.04 amd64.

I am interested in using it with intel compilers C/C++ and Fortran plus cmake.

Few problems arrised so far.
1. I have followed the notes from wiki about fortran compilers and added support for intel fortran compiler.
   i. when I created a hello project the default compiler option in the cbp file are windows style \O2 instead of -O2 (Release). similar for Debug.
   ii. checked on a C++ project and the things are the same.
2. the id of the compiler is intel_fortran_compiler (the name that I have chosen for the compiler in the Settings was Intel Fortran Compiler). Is it any way to change it to something like ifort (or gfortran, ....) corresponding to what compiler you specify in CC?
3. I have generated a .cbp file with cmake. changed the fortran compiler to the right id (intel_fortran_compiler). I have loaded the project in CodeBlocks and tried to build. It turned out that it got the remarks made by compiler as errors.
So I had to change the regular expression:
Code
([][{}() \t#%$~A-Za-z0-9_:+/\.-]+)\(([0-9]+).:[ \t]([Rr]emark[ \t]#[0-9]+:[ \t].*)
to
Code
([][{}() \t#%$~A-Za-z0-9_:+/\.-]+)\(([0-9]+).:[ \t](\([a-z]*.\ *[0-9]*\))[ \t]([rR]emark):[ \t]([][{}() \t#%$~A-Za-z0-9_:+/\.-]+)
Message to 5 and Additional Message to 3 in order to work

Now more questions.
1. Is there any plan to add fortran support to CodeBlocks?
2. Is there any way in which I can get an accurate list of functions and subroutines in a kind of class browser?

Alin

compilers version:
ifort (IFORT) 10.0 20070809
icc (ICC) 10.0 20070809
icpc (ICC) 10.0 20070809

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code Blocks Intel compilers and cmake
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 11:11:42 pm »
always interested in adding an extra compiler. Suggest you have a look at the cb sources, especially the compiler plugin, there you can have a look on how the supported compilers are handled (cpp/h per compiler basically)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code Blocks Intel compilers and cmake
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:57:56 am »
1. Is there any plan to add fortran support to CodeBlocks?
If you talk about g77, g90 and gfortran (all GNU tools) - well then this works already. Not perfect, but it works (unfortunately I am maintaning old fortran code so I can tell). If you talk about the Intel Fortran compiler then I have to say: It's simply a commercial compiler. At least I cannot afford buying this compiler just to add support under C::B. I know it's free under linux, but I don't want to use Linux.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ