Author Topic: I modified the wxWidgets Template to support both 2.4.2 & 2.6.x in dll form.  (Read 8393 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
  Do you people want it?  I am affraid I may have posted this is the wrong forum before--sorry.  Here is the other post:
It's done and working.  I didn't test the 2.4.2 because I don't have it installed.  I just test on [2.6.1] version.  The change was minimal.  I appended a _26 to the new file--as you will see when you get it.  It might be a good idea in the future to do something similar, and it might be possible to add platform abbreviation such as _26_msw in the future if someone has multiple target platforms.

The end result is that the appropriate library is linked when the new project is completed.  Using the way I did it, it should be possible to support several versions--including multiple target platforms in the future.
Joe M.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 02:58:11 am by jmccay »

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
On the homepage, there's a "Patch requests" link (below 'development').

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
I'll try and generate a patch file, and then I'll submit it.
Joe M.

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Generating ".patch" files is not necessary.

Just zip the darn thing :P makes it easier for me.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Zipped and submitted.  I am working on a change for the static version.  I didn't log into Sourceforge So I am a nobody.  :)
joe m

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Thanks! Currently we're working on a Unicode Conversion blitz (we must have it for next week! :shock: ), sorry if we don't put it in CVS soon.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
No problem.  It works on my machine.   :)
Joe M.