Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Unicode conversion (attention all devs)

(1/23) > >>

rickg22:
Attention all developers:

After RC1 was released, there have been lots of complains asking for the installation of Code::Blocks in Linux. And we all agree that we need to get Code::Blocks to compile with unicode support.

Therefore, in absence of the project administrator, i've taken the decision to halt current development and get Code::Blocks branch VERSION_1_0 to work with unicode.

The solution is easy: All operations with wxStrings (not char*'s) should have _("string") for strings to be displayed to the user, and _T("string") for strings used internally.

UPDATE: Please refer to http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.4.2/wx458.htm#unicode for more info. We need to watch out for char's (change to wxChar), too!

I've made a dir listing - the sdk and src subdirectories have about 100 .cpp files that we need to modify. 200 if we include the plugins.

The currently available co-developers with (at least partial) CVS access are:
byo, Ceniza, cyberkoa, mispunt, and me.

Since I don't have administrator access, I can't know which directories you guys have access to. So guys, those with write access to the SDK please modify the SDK. Those with access to plugins, modify their plugins accordingly.

I'M SETTING A DEADLINE OF 10 DAYS. (This means the conversion work should be completed before August 15)

After those 10 days, we will continue development as normally. Maybe later we'll do another conversion cycle and finish this off.

Those WITHOUT CVS access, please mail their patched files (zipped, please) to me (NOT thru sourceforge, that'd make an awful mess!)

So, before we start working, I need anyone willing to help to say which files he is to modify (non-cvs access people will work on the SDK).

I'll divide the conversion in the following groups of files:

group 0 - all files in the src/src subdirectory.
group 1 - from audodetectcompilers to cbeditorprintout
group 2 - cbproject to cbworkspace
group 3 - compileoptionsbase to compiletarget base
group 4 - configmanager to customvars
group 5 - devcpploader to editarraystringdlg
group 6 - editorbase to editormanager
group 7 - editpathdlg to findreplacebase
group 8 - globals to licenses
group 9 - macrosmanager to menuitemsmanager
group 10 - messagelog to messagemanager
group 11 - mscvc* - zieQ, you handle this one Edit: Oh, already did it, but you better check it.
group 12 - multiselectdlg to personalitymanager
group 13 - pipedprocess to printing_types
group 14 - project*
group 15 - replacedlg to simpletextlog
group 16 - templatemanager to xtra_res
plugins    - the plugins conform a group each (i.e. astyle, compiler, etc).

Before modifying any of the files (download them via CVS, either anonymous or standard), please post which group you're modifying.

So, let's get to work guys, we have one week!

David Perfors:
I will try to do something to group 0 when I am awake again.

tiwag:
OK i will do groups 1 ...5 (autodetectcompilers ... editarraystringdlg)

rickg22:
Thanks! Don't forget to:

a) Compile to make sure everything works
b) mail me (or commit) the changes when you're done with each group.

byo:
As main developer of wxSmith I'll take care of it ;). It won't be released before final C::B 1.0 but I think it's time to unicode wxSmith also.

I can additionally do groups 6-8 - will send them to rickg22 when done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version