Author Topic: Visual C++ 2005 Debugger  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Albenejean

• Multiple posting newcomer
Visual C++ 2005 Debugger
« on: August 06, 2007, 07:00:03 pm »
Has anyone succeeded in making the !!???!* debugger from visual C++ 2005 (Express) work?

If yes, can you give me the compiler/debugger + paths settings? And any relevant options...

Thanks...

(I'm so tired)

tarlou

Re: Visual C++ 2005 Debugger
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 02:43:17 pm »
I've just managed to make it.Here's what to do,

add C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include AND C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Include to
  Compiler and debugger settings->Global Compiler Settings->Search directories->Compiler

add C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include AND C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Include to
  Compiler and debugger settings->Global Compiler Settings->Search directories->Resource compiler

add C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib AND C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Lib to
  Compiler and debugger settings->Global Compiler Settings->Search directories->Linker

download Debugging Tools for Windows from http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx
Install it to default path(C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows)
Add C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows  to
  Compiler and debugger settings->Global Compiler Settings->Toolchain executables->Additional Paths

This is only what i have done and it seems to work a little.However,the debugger is not working perfectly,in fact,it wouldn't show the console window when debugging.......(can't see output by cout and seem to have trouble with cin)

Offline Albenejean

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Visual C++ 2005 Debugger
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 04:45:06 pm »
I've got the same problem.
Besides the breakpoints do not work...