Author Topic: Run built program from C::B?  (Read 3311 times)

Offline cube1982

• Single posting newcomer
Run built program from C::B?
« on: August 03, 2007, 11:19:01 pm »
I use Cygwin GCC to compile and build my code via C::B. But I can't run that program by clicking the "run" button in C::B because it requires X11 launched. Is it possible to configure C::B to be able to launch X11, instead of running the Windows console, and thus to run a program ?

Thanks,
Geg

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Run built program from C::B?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 11:02:49 am »
Afraid not. I don't think it would work well, either (startup time?). I wouldn't know how to launch the process inside X from Windows, either (not in an easy way, anyway).

What could work, though, would be to build and run Code::Blocks under Cygwin. I've never tried that and don't recall if anyone else has successfully done it, but actually, why not.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 12:12:46 am »
What could work, though, would be to build and run Code::Blocks under Cygwin. I've never tried that and don't recall if anyone else has successfully done it, but actually, why not.

I tried to build Code::Blocks under Cygwin and failed. I would not suggest anyone but an Cygwin or an Code::Blocks expert try it.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline cube1982

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 03:01:20 am »
Thanks, then I will just start x11 from the command line.