Author Topic: new project wizard - GLUT - problems defining $(#glut)  (Read 26960 times)

fargoth

new project wizard - GLUT - problems defining $(#glut)
« on: August 02, 2007, 05:55:13 pm »
I've created the global variable glut with the following dirs:
base: /usr/
include: /usr/include/GL
lib: /usr/lib
obj:  (empty)

but the wizard asks me for the location of glut and i put $(#glut) - I'm told it cant locate the header files...

what am i doing wrong?

Driss

Re: new project wizard - GLUT - problems defining $(#glut)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:36:00 pm »
After you've put $(#glut), you have to do anything but #include <name_of_header_to_include.h> I supose it's glut.h  :idea:

rolandixor

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 01:48:05 am »
I've found that codeblocks complains about all vars. Even wxWidgets won't work... :x

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 03:45:35 am »
I've found that codeblocks complains about all vars. Even wxWidgets won't work... :x

You should understand why they are complaining. These little checks are kept to inform user that the wizard can't find the required libs in a standard place.

BTW, can you explain the situation where wxWidgets won't work with C::B??

include: /usr/include/GL

Change the above variable to /usr/include
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 04:44:21 am by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Freak

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 11:58:26 am »
I'm also having this problem, is this a bug or known issue....?
I can use the OpenGL and other wizards, bit i cannot get a GLUT project to create on Windows.

I'm using 8.02 on Windows.

Script Error:
"The path you entered seems valid, but this wizard can't locate the following GLUT's include file: glut.h in it."
I have tried several solutions, I have made subfolders "lib" and "include" and also put both files in the root and sub folders, and i get similar errors no matter what try. The include files are in the directories specified.

There seems to be other issues, because the first time i used the Wizard, I was led to another menu (Global Variable Editor) that had options for setting multiple directories, (Base, Include, Objects, Lib, etc) but this no longer appears when creating a new project, i just get the single "Glut Project" Please Select GLUT's Location. Which fails as per above.

Previously if i left the $(#glut) and just hit next, it would take me to the Global Variable Editor i had to delete my .conf to fix this issue, and get that option back again, but this still does not solve this main issue of not being able to create a Glut project.
Has anyone gotten this to work in the stable 8.02 release? Any solutions to fixing this?

I really only installed CodeBlocks for doing GLUT development, as i was using DevC++, so this is frustrating, any help or advice would be appreciated.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 08:42:14 pm »
I can use the OpenGL and other wizards, bit i cannot get a GLUT project to create on Windows.
OpenGL ships with  the MinGW compiler suite. GLUT does not. Are you sure you installed a GLUT development package somewhere? Are you sure you really do have glut.h in the folder(s) you are pointing to?

Keep in mind: Even the MinGW bundled setup of C::B 08.02 does not ship with GLUT. This library is an additional download.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

achandran

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 08:33:13 am »
I got the same problem with Freak and I also use CodeBlocks 8.02

I have downloaded glut-3.7.6-bin and extracted it to C:\glut-3.7.6-bin
Because the archive didn't use folder include and lib, I made folder include and lib in C:\glut-3.7.6-bin, so I have
- C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\include
- C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\lib
Then I copied glut.h to C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\include and glut32.lib to C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\lib.
I didn't delete the original file, so I have C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\glut.h and C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\include\glut.h

With that setting, when I used Wizard , CodeBlocks still couldn't found them
If I set base field of Global Variable glut to
  C:\glut-3.7.6-bin
CodeBlocks would said
  The macro you entered seems valid, but this wizard can't
  locate the include directory based on this macro. 
  This wizard cannot continue.

If I set base field of Global Variable glut to
 C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\include
CodeBlocks would said
  The macro you entered seems valid, but this wizard can't
  locate the include directory based on this macro.
  This wizard cannot continue.

Thanks for helps

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 09:56:24 am »
Try the "GLUT for Mingw32" from here.

You have to put "_WCHAR_T_DEFINED" in your projects "Build options" ("#defines"-tab), or you get an error because of a redefined "wchar_t" (alternatively you can comment out the line that 45 causes the error in "glut.h").

You have to copy glut32.dll in your windows search-path, and you can build and run the wizard-example (after setting the "glut" global-variable to the new patch of course).

achandran

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 06:09:46 am »
Thanks, it helped a lot

Actually after i looked at "GLUT for Mingw32" zip file, i got an idea and i copied
glut.h in my previous configuration to C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\include\GL\glut.h not
C:\glut-3.7.6-bin\include\glut.h and it worked.

It seems that the template need glut.h in "include\GL" not in "include"