Author Topic: --enable-contrib vs --with-contrib-plugins=all, wxSmith buggy  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Fozzybear

• Single posting newcomer
--enable-contrib vs --with-contrib-plugins=all, wxSmith buggy
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:01:09 pm »
I've been compiling Code::Blocks 4331 from SVN. After numerous tries I've found that --enable-contrib does only compile a few plugins while --with-contrib-plugins=all compiles them all including wxSmith which I need. What puzzles me is the fact that every compiling guide recommends --enable-contrib while the other option is not mentioned. --enable-contrib is also not present in my configure --help while the other option is. Is this special for my config or has someone forgotten to update the guide?

I compiled on Ubuntu 32 and 64-bit and was successful on the first system, complete with wxSmith. I've still to try this out on the 64-bit machine. On the 64-bit I managed to compile an earlier version without wxSmith because it was before I noticed the above mentioned switch. The 64-bit machine was actually the reason to compile because there is still no nightly for Ubuntu 64. The last 32-bit nighlies run on the 32-bit machine but complain about missing plugins too.

When I use wxSmith it often crashes if you delete an item or preview, is this common or Ubuntu specific?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:03:01 pm by Fozzybear »

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
Re: --enable-contrib vs --with-contrib-plugins=all, wxSmith buggy
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:37:11 pm »
This Thread should answer your questions regarding the configure script.
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.