Author Topic: How can I use Alt-o and F10 function keys?  (Read 5918 times)

dlemwayne

How can I use Alt-o and F10 function keys?
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:37:10 pm »
I'm having trouble with binding these two keys.  Alt-o activates the OK dialog button when trying to reassign function keys.  F10 is always used to bring up the menu even if I want to use it for something else.

I would like to keep the same workflow between work and home but I can't do that without these keys.

Are these bugs or do I need to do something else?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: How can I use Alt-o and F10 function keys?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:55:51 am »
I'm having trouble with binding these two keys.  Alt-o activates the OK dialog button when trying to reassign function keys.  F10 is always used to bring up the menu even if I want to use it for something else.

I would like to keep the same workflow between work and home but I can't do that without these keys.

Are these bugs or do I need to do something else?

There is a plug named " keyboard shortcut" in Menu->Settings->Editor->Keyboard shortcut, you can assign short-cut then.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

dlemwayne

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:05:44 am »
There is a plug named " keyboard shortcut" in Menu->Settings->Editor->Keyboard shortcut, you can assign short-cut then.

Thank you.  I realize that, but it doesn't work for the keys Alt-o and F10 for the reasons I mentioned.

Trying to use Alt-o just activates the OK button on the settings dialog instead of saving the shortcut.

F10 can be specified in the keyboard shortcut settings, however pressing F10 always opens the File menu no matter what you are trying to use it for.

I'd submit bug reports, but developer.berlios.de uses a self-signed certificate for no reason.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:40:27 am »

I'd submit bug reports, but developer.berlios.de uses a self-signed certificate for no reason.

This can be solved. See the thread below

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10262.msg70937.html#msg70937
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

timchen

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:41:05 am »
you can directly type the hotkey you want in  "~/.codeblacks/cbKeyBinder10.ini"