Author Topic: Project Wizards -> Customisation of the projects files  (Read 3917 times)

Offline kubiack

• Single posting newcomer
Project Wizards -> Customisation of the projects files
« on: July 26, 2007, 03:19:39 pm »
Hello

I am writing a wizard for creating a complex project layout, and I want the wizard script to change the "inside" of the template files (main.c etc) based on what the user selected during the creation on the project (project name, ...).

I like the "code snippet" plugin where specially formated variable names are replaced during the insertion of the text by user-specified values, this is this kind of functionnality I want to add in a project wizard.

Is there any [easy] way to do that from wizard script (or custom project or anything else)?

The wizard I am trying to write is supposed (when it's finished) to have similar functionnalities as "autoproject" or "acmkdir" linux tools; i.e. creating a whole project and files based on the autotools (automake, autoconf etc...). Maybe there is another already existing solution for doing this with codeblocks, but I haven't found it. If you have information about that... feel free to post ;)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Project Wizards -> Customisation of the projects files
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 05:06:12 pm »
I am writing a wizard for creating a complex project layout, and I want the wizard script to change the "inside" of the template files (main.c etc) based on what the user selected during the creation on the project (project name, ...).

Have a look at the Code::Blocks Plugin Wizard or wxWidgets wizard. You'll find the answer of this question.

I like the "code snippet" plugin where specially formated variable names are replaced during the insertion of the text by user-specified values, this is this kind of functionnality I want to add in a project wizard.

Possibility of calling a plugin during wizard runtime depends on that plugin itself. If you want such implementation then you may discuss with Pecan to provide some hook. You can have a look at wxWidgets wizard for implementation details. Byo did that by providing one hook.

The wizard I am trying to write is supposed (when it's finished) to have similar functionnalities as "autoproject" or "acmkdir" linux tools; i.e. creating a whole project and files based on the autotools (automake, autoconf etc...). Maybe there is another already existing solution for doing this with codeblocks, but I haven't found it. If you have information about that... feel free to post ;)

I don't think you'll be able to do all the things which Autotools is able to do with wizard script. ;)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.