Author Topic: how to make completion works with header files ?  (Read 13604 times)

Offline wxuserbrest

• Multiple posting newcomer
how to make completion works with header files ?
« on: July 05, 2007, 12:58:20 pm »
Hi,
completion seems to work for file in the project but doesn't work automaticaly on header file. I use wxWidgets and i don't know how to have header file scanned. Do someone succeed in doing it ?
Thanks for answer

Offline raph

• Almost regular
Re: how to make completion works with header files ?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:06:59 pm »
wxWidgets works well with codecompletion.
Check the following:
- use a current nightly build
- in the code-completion settings, be sure to have "Follow LOCAL includes" and "Follow GLOBAL includes" checked
- Have wxWidgets/include in the compiler search directories. On linux (if you are using the wx-config script), codecompletion isn't able to detect the directories with the include files, so go to the project options->"C/C++ parser options" and add the search paths here.

Offline wxuserbrest

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:44:19 pm »
Hi,
my error was to put /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx instead of /usr/include/wx-2.8/ but there is still a little problem. To see that do a wxWidgets project without wxSmith.
On file with frame on line 69 type MenuBar1-> and then Ctrl+space, it can't give methods i can use.
With the frame derived from wxFrame i can only have methods of frame not those of wxFrame.

I just did the project, close it and reopen it, but...it still does the same thing.
Thanks for answer

Offline wxuserbrest

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:46:59 pm »
i also click on "display inheritance info" on settings
thanks

Offline wxuserbrest

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:47:49 pm »
maybe it would be better if you could send me a project of your own that works to see that
thanks