Author Topic: Suggestion on Hotkey of Code Completion  (Read 11839 times)

aerol

Suggestion on Hotkey of Code Completion
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:50:05 am »
The Hotkey to active Code Completion was set to Ctrl+Space, but Ctrl+Space is the Default Hotkey of Input Method (ex. Chinese) in all Platform.
So when i use cb, i can't active my chinese input method, it was interrupted by Code Completion, and the Hotkey of Code Completion can't be redefined.
Of course i can disable Code Completion, but i need it. In other IDE the function like Code Completion is always trigged by "." or Ctrl+Enter.
I hope this small change can be made, and then i can input my nice chinese smoothly.

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
Re: Suggestion on Hotkey of Code Completion
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:54:05 pm »
huh when did you saw ctrl+enter? ctrl+space is also used in visual studio, so most people are comfortable with this. you can also put atomatic code-completition startup somewhere, but some option for redefining CC wouldnt hurt  :)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 01:39:39 pm »
are you sure you can't change this in settings->editor settings->keyboard shortcuts? (you should be able to remove ctrl-space and add another key in its place -- i'm not sure ctrl-enter will work, but maybe ctrl-.)

aerol

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:29:00 pm »
Sorry, i am always under linux, and in anjuta, it's trigged by ctrl+enter. :)
I hope only ,that the hotkey can be redefineable.

huh when did you saw ctrl+enter? ctrl+space is also used in visual studio, so most people are comfortable with this. you can also put atomatic code-completition startup somewhere, but some option for redefining CC wouldnt hurt  :)

aerol

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:18:02 pm »
Thank you, i find how to redefined this hotkey, and i can call the chinese input method,
but unfortunately, cb crashed when i use input method. :(

are you sure you can't change this in settings->editor settings->keyboard shortcuts? (you should be able to remove ctrl-space and add another key in its place -- i'm not sure ctrl-enter will work, but maybe ctrl-.)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 01:50:19 am »
aerol:  try to find out if there's a "codeblocks.xml" file in your home directory, or in your codeblocks directory. It might give us information related to the crash, so we could fix that.