User forums > Help

Debugger executable not set problem

(1/2) > >>

Lord Yu:
Hi all,

I'm unfamiliar with MinGW debugger   :(  , when I go to debug I get an debugger executable not set error, so I go to the settings/configure plugins/compiler  :?.

If it is a debugging problem should I go to the GDB debugger instead, if so what are the debugging commands?

Thanks

mandrav:
Go to "Settings->Compiler->Programs" and make sure "Debugger" is set to "gdb.exe".
gdb.exe must exist in the configured "Compiler's installation directory", in the "bin/" subdir.

Yiannis.

Orlando:
Same problem here. The code compiles (MingW) but the debugger claims 'The debuger executable is not set'. Settings are ok (otherwise it wouldn`t compile). Maybe it's a problem specific to Win98.  :? 

squizzz:
Maybe it has something to do with this:

--- Quote from: mandrav on July 26, 2005, 09:11:04 am ---Note for Win98/ME users:
Debugging with Code::Blocks-MinGW bundle under Windows 98/ME will not work out of the box for you. This is because we 've updated the included GDB to version 6.3 which works on NT-class machines only (NT/2000/XP/2003).
All is not lost however. You can go to the MinGW site and download an older GDB version which works for Windows 98/ME. Code::Blocks will happily use it, as long as you install it in the Code::Blocks installation folder ;)

--- End quote ---

Do you use C::B with MinGW bundle?

Orlando:

--- Quote from: squizzz on August 08, 2005, 01:47:12 am ---Maybe it has something to do with this:

--- Quote from: mandrav on July 26, 2005, 09:11:04 am ---Note for Win98/ME users:
Debugging with Code::Blocks-MinGW bundle under Windows 98/ME will not work out of the box for you. This is because we 've updated the included GDB to version 6.3 which works on NT-class machines only (NT/2000/XP/2003).
All is not lost however. You can go to the MinGW site and download an older GDB version which works for Windows 98/ME. Code::Blocks will happily use it, as long as you install it in the Code::Blocks installation folder ;)

--- End quote ---

Do you use C::B with MinGW bundle?

--- End quote ---

gdb --v shows:
GNU gdb 5.2.1

Shall I copy gdb.exe to the Code::Blocks installation folder? Sounds strange ... :?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version