Author Topic: Short-term quick patching code completion (for 1.0 / 1.1) ideas  (Read 23989 times)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Short-term quick patching code completion (for 1.0 / 1.1) ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 08:01:09 pm »
I continued my project elsewhere, to download it use the following:
svn checkout http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/codelite/trunk

Thanks Eran for the update. :)

c) This is the part that I'm not sure how to tackle. How to dispose unused Tokens? Maybe I'll keep a list of used files, and the ones with least requests gets released.

I was trying to decipher bits to solve this. We'd be glad to get your suggestion on this. :)

Thanks & Regards,

Biplab
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 08:58:15 pm »
I continued my project elsewhere, to download it use the following:
svn checkout http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/codelite/trunk
That is good news! I didn't know about that and thought your work has "finished". I'll have a look tonight... :P
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Alturin

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 01:05:26 pm »
The CodeLite library is now part of a bigger project, LiteEditor (which was its demo application...)

Does this mean there are no more plans to integrate CodeLite with C::B?
Also I noticed eranif is the only committing user, did tiwag and takeshimiya abandon the effort?

mariocup

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 11:16:09 pm »
Hi,

I think it a good idea to store that kind of information into a database. I have a suggestion if you are going that way.

As writing documentation for software is not a pleasure so developer often abandon it. Another problem is to keep documentation consistent to the software implementation. So I made an approach that really works fine for me and could be useful for others.

My process of generating documentation for software projects:
1. Add doxygen documentation within your source code. The function name is used as ID for documentation.
2. Put additional documentation in an own file (e.g. services.tex). Add to a corresponding ID an additional description.

Now my perl script reads the doxygen commands from the source code and adds the description of the documentation file (services.tex) and generates a tex file. This file is compiled and I get a final version of the document with bookmarks, references, index, hyperlinks on the fly. Now I save a lot of work, because if a function is added I only have to add an description for the new ID in the services.tex and the sources are clean without to much documentation. Further the script checks for example the parameters of function and their documentation.

The advantage of this method is, that I have a html docu made with doxygen and a pdf version that looks nice and has all navigation features. Futher I can generate different types of documentation (internal, external, all etc.).

No my idea:
Keep a minimum of documentation within the source
Add a description for a function, variable etc. in your database
Start the generation of documentation.

The stylesheet for formating the output could be some kind of xml syntax. If that sounds interesting to you, please let me know.

Bye,

Mario

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 05:32:37 pm »
Update: My work on improving CC is stalled. There's just too much to change :(.