Author Topic: Official releases?  (Read 14195 times)

Offline Roman

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Official releases?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 12:37:07 am »
there was also post, that said c::b has a bunch of lazy devs that dont even do a new release.

Just came up to mind:
Consider we (the Community) are a pretty girl. We are dating a good guy, not very rich but brave and smart. He can beat the shit out of a couple of bastards on the street and we are glad to walk with him on sunday evening. But some day we feel confused - why doesn't he mary us? We talk to him - darling mary us! And he responds: "I must fill a todo list and fix all the bugs". We ask "WHEN?!". And he states that he does not know - when there will be only bugfixes 7 nightlies per week he will mary You.

The soft girl says "okay, I will wait". The angry one cries "Do You think I'm bitch?" and slams the door.

We (the Community) aren't the first one nor the second - something in the middle. But we want to "marry" C::B. Lets promise at least some date to our girl (to us) - even when the guy lies girls like beautiful promises )

Regards
Roman
CB LSI (C::B as a Little Secret Initiative)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 01:48:51 am »
I have an idea.

Of all the nightlies that are built the last 2 weeks, let's wait a week or two and see which one's the most stable (we have a lot of beta testers it seems), and post a poll - which SVN version do you recommend?

We get that version, and post it as "beta" or something, but make it official.
Of course - it depends on what Don Corleone says  :lol:

Offline kurapix

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 01:53:48 am »
I was thinking that why not make an official release like : RC2.5 or RC2-revised or RC2-reloaded.
So the C::B Team won't make the RC3 prematurely :P .

Kurapix
Code::Blocks package building script

Offline DaVince

• DaVince's Website
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 11:17:03 am »
If you ask me, it's just taking far too long for a good release version. Right now there are only bug fixes, sure, that's good, but at least have a point where you say "okay, we will NOT implement any new features for the time being, to fix 'er up for release". Seems to be taking way too long.

I'll stop complaining now, since there are almost-daily updates anyway, where something like Dev-C++ doesn't stand a chance of being updated anymore. :P