Author Topic: Problem with execution  (Read 4563 times)

absolut24

Problem with execution
« on: June 01, 2007, 05:19:28 am »
Hi,
I installed CB as required in the nightly build. When I first create a new C++ project, I manage to build it. (Note: the default project print Hello World"). However when It comes time to run it in CB It fails. In the bottom window it says executing <path>/cb_console_runner.exe , <path>/my exe file in my project. Then it says right after failed, nothing else to do.

When I run the .exe in the command prompt it works fine, it prints Hello World.

Any ideas why I cannot seem to run my project in CB but I can run it in command prompt?

Thanks a lot,

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Problem with execution
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:52:36 am »
Quote from: absolut24
(..) Any ideas why I cannot seem to run my project in CB but I can run it in command prompt?

Hello.

I suppose you have installed a Windows nightly (what version, by the way?). I don't know what's the origin for your problem. I've tried the default C++ console application wizard for the last builds i have installed (4028 is latest) with MinGW (g++ 3.4.5), and cb_console_runner runs well.

The only thing i suppose is that you have unzipped your C::B nightly in a path that contains spaces or strange characters. Try to move all the folder containing Code::Blocks to another location (e.g. C:\cb or wherever you want), just in case. But i've no idea on this, and maybe the problem is other. You could also try to download a more recent nightly if you're using an older one.

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

absolut24

Re: Problem with execution
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 06:33:11 pm »
Thanks it works now I simply copied code block to c:\CB