Author Topic: Version 1.0-RC1 released!  (Read 72345 times)

kcfelix

Re: Version 1.0-RC1 released!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 08:34:09 pm »
but notice right-clicking the editor belonging to that tab works.
I didn't noticed that. Tnx for the info. It'll sure help 'til the little close button arrives ;)

And sorry for the feature request on wrong place, rickg22. I promisse to do it on the right place, from now :D

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 08:52:20 pm »
And sorry for the feature request on wrong place, rickg22. I promisse to do it on the right place, from now :D

Thank you. (Notice that you must submit to sourceforge that feature request in particular, even if i already read it)

grv575

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 02:42:30 am »
I noticed the core binaries (codeblocks.exe and codeblocks.dll) in this release are more than twice the size of Ceniza's snapshot from a few days ago.  My guess was that they're compiled with debugging symbols, and some poking around with my hex editor seems to confirm that.

Until 1.0 is finalized, we don't build optimized versions.
Also, ceniza's binaries are UPX'd IIRC.

Yiannis.

Could something to the extent "this is not a finalized version but a release candidate, intended to serve as a testbed for the 1.0 release in order to iron out any remaining bugs and finalize the feature set and user interface.  the final version will be a fully optimized  compile, etc, etc" be put on the download page or somewhere on the webpage.  Many people will judge the IDE as is and one thing I've noticed is that the cpu usage jumps to 50% for brief periods when the IDE is just idling... probably due to the fact that it's an -O0 build (which I was unaware of).  My thoughts were, what's the point of it being written in C++ if it's slower than dev-cpp (although plugable compiler support is a great feature)?  But that probably won't be the case for the 1.0 release which is good to know...

grv575

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 02:57:48 am »
I tested the background color (in syntax highlighting for c++ files) and i think it works.

Regarding the trailing space issue, we'd need help: We don't know how to do it! :shock: I mean, it COULD be implemented when saving files, but not after editing each line (which I think would be the main problem). Anyway feel free to post the issue in the developer forums to see if anyone can help.

There's two approaches to this afaik: ultraedit has a 'trim trailing spaces' menu option that just takes the editor text as is and gets rid of trailing spaces.  KWrite has an editor option to trim trailing spaces on file save.  Not sure which I prefer, but one of those two is probably the way to go.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 03:35:45 am »
grv: Thanks for joining! Good idea about the optimizations. I'll tell Yiannis when he comes back :) Oh, I'm planning on working on the "trim spaces" feature. I just need some time to implement it.

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 08:02:16 am »
i suggest to have both possibilities,

we should have the menu entries:
"remove trailing spaces"
and
"convert Tabs->SPACES"

and global editor options for the functions above,
for automatically doing them when the file is saved.

maybe someone here knows the TextPad editor,
i think they have solved it ideally.

hongxing

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2005, 11:26:40 am »
hope wxSmith revolved in

Offline BigAngryDog

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • BigAngryDog.com
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 02:19:00 am »
When is the next release due out? I recall reading something about March.

Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet? Is it Nearly Ready Yet?

I'm all Excited!  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :P :mrgreen: :wink:
BigAngryDog.com

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2006, 08:36:39 pm »
How many times today am I going to see this in the recent posts and think 1.0-RC3 is out.  :?
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~