User forums > Announcements

Version 1.0-RC1 released!

<< < (2/8) > >>

darklordsatan:

--- Quote from: mandrav on July 25, 2005, 10:52:19 pm ---[*] Single file compile (not belonging to a project).
[/list]

--- End quote ---

Glad to see it made it.
Thanks a lot Yiannis, looking better everyday. Downloading as I type!

Funto:
It seems you forgot to put the sources in the .tar.gz package...
I was trying to compile under Linux when I got a...problem ^^

I will try using CVS...

ironhead:
Excellent release guys!

darklordsatan:

--- Quote from: Funto on July 26, 2005, 02:22:13 am ---It seems you forgot to put the sources in the .tar.gz package...
I was trying to compile under Linux when I got a...problem ^^

--- End quote ---

I just got a corrupted .tgz. Does anyone else can confirm this?

Funto:
Pff, in order to compile under Linux it's a real fight...

First, we have to use wx 2.4, since there is no Unicode support, and since wx 2.6 MUST have Unicode suppor. Ok.
Then, wx 2.4 MUST use GTK2. Ok. 10 min tu compile, having to fight with ldconfig and /usr/local/lib, I just discovered what is /etc/ld.so.conf.
The Wiki talks about a "patch" to wxGTK2; should I apply it to my freshly downloaded wxWidgets tarball? I don't know, I'm trying without this.

But the main problem is wxDockIt; the last release, which has just gone out on the 24th of July, requires at least wx2.5 ! Why am I trying to compile wxDockIt myself?  Because the included Makefile.unix in Code::Blocks's distribution doesn't compile it :( And there is no Makefile to compile it, neither with the wxDockIt distributed with Code::Blocks, nor with the official old distribution. So I tried to create my own SConstruct file (Cf SCons) to compile it, and there are errors, and errors...
I simply don't understand how a code like this could compile (from wxSockIt's dockwindow_gtk.cpp):

--- Code: ---void wxDockWindow::addBorder() {

// move the windows contents in by an amount

wxSizer * sizer = GetSizer();

wxSizerItemList& sizerList = sizer->GetChildren();

wxwxSizerItemListNode * pNode = sizerList.GetFirst();

wxASSERT(pNode);

wxSizerItem * pSizerItem = pNode->GetData();

wxASSERT(pSizerItem);

pSizerItem->SetBorder( BORDER_SIZE );

pSizerItem->SetFlag( pSizerItem->GetFlag() | wxALL );

Layout();

}

--- End code ---

I wish the Linux installation procedure is simplified in the next release, because it's nearly impossible for a poor human guy to make it work :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version