Author Topic: Step by Step Compiling of CB?  (Read 6141 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Step by Step Compiling of CB?
« on: July 25, 2005, 01:56:56 am »
   Has any step by step instructions by posted anywhere to compiling CB with stuff like running update.bat?  I was just wondering.  I found the wxWidgets instructions fine.

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

darklordsatan

Re: Step by Step Compiling of CB?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 04:06:12 am »
Do you mean other than these?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 04:27:38 am »
There's nothing much to know about (assumming you have the libraries compiled and working). Usually we use codeblocks to compile itself. There are two projects: One for wxwidgets 2.6.x, and another for 2.4.2. (that's in the VERSION_1_0 branch, i'm not sure about HEAD branch).

So you open the project, build, and then go to the src directory.

Open a command window (MS-DOS), and run update.bat. Your new files are in the output directory.

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 10:27:22 am »
Open a command window (MS-DOS), and run update.bat. Your new files are in the output directory.
Or you (double-)click update.bat to run it like any other program, it'll start in its own window that closes when it's done. Why go through the trouble of opening a command window if Windows'll do it for you? ;). (If you're on Linux, run the 'update' shell script instead)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 02:10:23 am »
Do you mean other than these?

Actually, no.  Those are the instructions to compile wxWidgets, but someone else already answered my question.  You use CB itself to compile itself.
jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.