Author Topic: [wxSmith]: Reproducible crash :-(  (Read 7671 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
[wxSmith]: Reproducible crash :-(
« on: May 02, 2007, 04:48:58 pm »
Dear Byo,

more or less by accident I figured out how to successfully crash wxSmith:
Assume you have a GUI that includes a spacer.
In the design window:
- select the spacer
In the property editor:
- select an attribute (no matter which one)
- press CTRL+X
-> notice the properties are gone, but the spacer in the design window still remains
In the design window:
- select the "spacer" again -> crash!

I got a question: What is CTRL+X actually supposed to do? I was hoping that there is a functionality to cut/paste elements from one position to another. I actually tried to move a button from the left side of the spacer to the right side (I had inserted it wrong before).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: [wxSmith]: Reproducible crash :-(
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:29:54 am »
Uhm, Ctrl+X / Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V should work like in normal editor (cut/copy/paste), may need some tuning. Please send bug report since it's surely a bug

Regards
   BYO

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:39:25 pm »
Please send bug report since it's surely a bug
Done that - bug ID #10980.
(...took me half an hour to report since BerliOS was sloooooooow again... :-()
With regards & Thanks!
Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline hangl

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 03:40:09 am »
also reproducible !
(Bug #10964)

(1)Creat a new wxsmith project based on frame(wxwidgets 2.8.x), save the project and close it! reopen it.,swith management to resource page and double click (left button) the tree item (wxframe ). and try to close CB by click the right uper corner(close flag) .Then CodeBlocks Crash throw exception "memeory can not be read"!

(2)Add a dialog in this project and set a wxtextctrl into this dialog ,save and quit. reopen it ,and in dialog.wxs trying to change the size of the wxtextctrl by dragging it !then CB Crash!

(3) reopen this project ,and in dialog.wxs double click the wxtextctrl right button !and try to the close CB by click the right uper corner(close flag) .then CB Crash!

attach log file!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:39:46 am »
also reproducible !
(Bug #10964)

(1)Creat a new wxsmith project based on frame(wxwidgets 2.8.x), save the project and close it! reopen it.,swith management to resource page and double click (left button) the tree item (wxframe ). and try to close CB by click the right uper corner(close flag) .Then CodeBlocks Crash throw exception "memeory can not be read"!

(2)Add a dialog in this project and set a wxtextctrl into this dialog ,save and quit. reopen it ,and in dialog.wxs trying to change the size of the wxtextctrl by dragging it !then CB Crash!

(3) reopen this project ,and in dialog.wxs double click the wxtextctrl right button !and try to the close CB by click the right uper corner(close flag) .then CB Crash!

attach log file!

Thanks for all your investigations and reports :) Could you send Bug report? I don't have enough time to work on wxSmith now (probably just for one week) and could forget about it ;)

BYO

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 04:58:11 pm »
 :cry: almost a week we wouldn't have a new features in wxSmith.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 05:56:16 pm »
Huh, hope this won't be for a long time. Currently I'm forced to work on few other projects :(. Just need to make some money to live ;)

BYO