User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

view all of compiler commands

(1/2) > >>

alu:
Hi guys, I can't figure out how to do this:

I want to see all of the commands that are run when I press the "compile" version.  I can see all kinds of options which allow me to suppress/unsupress error messages, but how can I see *what* is actually being called.

Also, is there anyway to generate a makefile from project?  I'm trying to create a template and I can't really see how things fit in.

Thanks

Ceniza:
For the first 'question' go to Settings -> Compiler. Click the "Other" tab. In "Compiler logging:" select "Full command line".

I've never tried to create makefiles with Code::Blocks, but just in the same place ("Other" tab) you find "Build method:" and there is "Work with Makefiles (GNU "make" is required)".

alu:
thanks bro, exactly what I wanted :)

mandrav:

--- Quote ---I've never tried to create makefiles with Code::Blocks, but just in the same place ("Other" tab) you find "Build method:" and there is "Work with Makefiles (GNU "make" is required)".
--- End quote ---

Actually this will change the build method.
If you want to just create a Makefile so your app can be compiled without C::B, click on "Compile->Export Makefile".

Yiannis.

alu:
Just to confirm, this exported Makefile is will allow me to see exactly how C::B is compiling my app, how it handles dependencies, etc...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version