Author Topic: A Compiler plugin's bug?  (Read 14204 times)

Offline BiMode

• Single posting newcomer
    • http://
A Compiler plugin's bug?
« on: January 06, 2005, 03:37:29 am »
Hello,

Open the IDE and open Compiler plugin's option dialog and try to switch between 3 compilers repeatly (at the compilers list box), the compiler options get mixed up (let say MSVC's options are MinGW+MSVC's options).

I hope you understand my English.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
A Compiler plugin's bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 09:38:22 am »
Hmm, it happened to me once during development but I 've never been able to reproduce it. Do you have some user compilers configured (copies of built-in compiler)?
You should post a bug-report about it, so it can be tracked.

Anyway, the only fix for that, short to entering the correct configuration yourself, is to delete the registry key that holds the compiler configuration. This is HKCU\Software\Code::Blocks\Code::Blocks v1.0\compiler_gcc\compiler_sets (backup your registry first).
This will re-create the compiler's configuration.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Anonymous

A Compiler plugin's bug?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 01:11:04 am »
It's easy to be able to reproduce the bug, here is how.
Just switching the compilers in reverse order, for example:

MinGW->MSVC->MinGW

You will see.

Anonymous

A Compiler plugin's bug?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 08:26:07 am »
The way I saw it was that if I had different output files (say, "library.lib" and "library.a") and/or different additional options (say, "/nologo" and "-O") in the build targets (I also use MSVC and MinGW), then I could not build, because the "/nologo" switch was passed to MinGW, which complained; at another run MinGW was trying to build "library.lib" instead of "library.a".
This seems to be a real problem to me, as I need MSVC library in the end, but there is no debugger for MSVC (or did I miss one?).

Mike

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
A Compiler plugin's bug?
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 09:03:56 am »
I think you 're making a mistake here: you can define one compiler per project, not per target. But it's not your fault. I can see that you can easily mix them up. I can also see how much better it would be if the compiler could be selected per target, so I 'm going to add it now.

As for the debugger, correct me if I 'm wrong, MSVC free toolkit 2003 does not contain a debugger...

Yiannis.
Be patient!

mike

A Compiler plugin's bug?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 09:09:02 am »
Hmm... You know this better, but it does _look_ like I can define several build targets for one project, each build target inherits from one of the compilers, which leads to a conclusion that it is quite easy to define several compilers per project. If I am wrong, and you are going to add it, don't change the UI - it already looks like this :-)

Mike

mike

A Compiler plugin's bug?
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 09:11:24 am »
As for the debugger - no, VCToolkit does not have a debugger. But I hoped that there is a way to trick GDB to do the job :-)

In such a case, having multiple compilers per project is really necessary, so I can debug under MinGW, and release under MSVC (and hope they produce similar code ;-)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
A Compiler plugin's bug?
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 09:17:28 am »
Quote from: mike
If I am wrong, and you are going to add it, don't change the UI - it already looks like this :-)

Mike

He he, that's why I got the point immediately  :lol:

Yiannis.
Be patient!