User forums > Help

Beta 4 Editor Problem

(1/4) > >>

eoneuk:
I just downloaded and installed Beta 4 on Windows 98 SE.  CodeBlocks starts and creates a default project, but the editor page does not appear so that the source code (main.cpp) can be viewed.  There is a message that says main.cpp cannot be loaded although it appears in the tree view on the project window. Beta 3 version worked fine for me.

Thanks for any help
Ed

mandrav:
Hmm, win98se... I haven't tested it there. We 'll have to see what's wrong.
Can you post the exact message that says the file cannot be loaded? I need to see the full filename it tries to load, in order to help you...

eoneuk:
[09:26:17.230]: Failed to open 'C:\CodeBlocks\programs\main.cpp' is the error message that appears under the Code::Blocks Debug Tab.  The file actually does exist in that directory. I also tried using the default directory of My Documents with the same result. The same thing happens whether I create a console program or a windows program.

Ed

eoneuk:
It appears to be an editor problem.  If I create a project, the project and default source code are listed in the management window. But I cannot open the editor window to view the source file. However, I can compile and run the project.  Maybe this info will help.

Ed

mandrav:
Yes, it seems to be a bug which appears only under win98. I got another bug-report like this. I will investigate further and come up with a solution.
Thanks a lot.

Yiannis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version