Author Topic: Excellent work!!!  (Read 7346 times)

Morten

Excellent work!!!
« on: July 15, 2005, 10:29:35 am »
Dear Code::Blocks Developers!

To make it short: What an excellent work! Great, easy to understand, cross-platform capability, extendible... what do you want more?

I've used MinGW-Studio and Dev-Cpp for years now but Code::Blocks (in my opinion) does it much better. Switching my projects to CB was very simple.

I even tried to compile CB from CVS. The readme states 2 steps (wxWidgets related and CB itself). It worked from scratch - that easy! I've never seen such a cool (and open) IDE. Keep it up!

Morten.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Excellent work!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 10:39:03 am »
what do you want more?

Free candy \o/

It really seems Code::Blocks is becoming very popular :)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Excellent work!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 05:52:52 pm »
I think we should make a "testimonials" webpage, containing all the appraisals found in the forums. What do you think guys?

CrayzeeIvan

Excellent work!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 07:16:59 pm »
Personally, I never thought much of those appraisal-sites (it always remembers me of those dreadful "american style" ads on TV: "Oh, isn't this just wonderful <insert name of once slightly famous but now forgotten "celebrity" here>?" - "Yeah, this cleaning detergent additive really changed my life!").

But clearly there have been pretty much of appraisal posts around here, something that is pretty unsual in this amount, at least to my knowledge. And yes, there is something special with Code::Blocks, it had me addicted the first time I saw it. (<- This is an appraisal *hint**hint* :P)
So what the heck, yeah: Tell all those new visitors we all love C::B :)

That would also be the place to post some good reviews that C::B will certainly earn, and maybe even the odd award 8)

Offline kagerato

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • kagerato.net
Excellent work!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 10:06:51 pm »
Screenshots usually reveal significantly more to me than testimonials.  I don't know how many people feel the same, but there does seem to be some truth to the theory that we tend to trust our observations more than what we hear from others.

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Excellent work!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 11:18:44 pm »
I have to try something before using it :P Screenshots are a great help, also independent comparisons are usefull.
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring