User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

CSS website is making me dizzy!

(1/3) > >>

David Perfors:
If the CSS is setup in the right way, it is possible to change the presentation *in a snap*. So probably the CSS is not setup in the right way ;)

rickg22:
oops, i was going to delete the thread, but you posted it :P

AGH too late.

OK here's some of the original text.

editing the CSS pages is a royal pain... yadda yadda... 800 lines! Double spaced! yadda yadda...

Supposedly CSS should be about being able to change the presentation *in a snap*.... yadda yadda... Separating the content from presentation... need help with this...

I'm sure we could do without the rounded borders (currently hardwired into images) and make this thing a lot more manageable. And a mozilla extension would allow us to use rounded borders.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid we'll have to sacrifice the pure-css layouts to make the site maintenable by mere mortals :(

I'm afraid I need help with this... :( Not that I'm not grateful for the site design, I am...
Per Eckerdal, mind giving me a hand with this? We need to have this ready by next week!

mandrav:
If it's too much for you and you 'd loose precious development time on it, maybe it'd be better to find another volunteer to maintain the site (Per?).

Yiannis.

David Perfors:
I thought Per doesn't has a computer available (since 13 July) at least I thought that I readed that somewhere.

But what exactly should there be changed in the css?

mandrav:

--- Quote from: mispunt ---I thought Per doesn't has a computer available (since 13 July) at least I thought that I readed that somewhere.
--- End quote ---

Yes, I remember it.
But, Per has given us a fully functional site to start with. We just have to edit the start page text, add any more screenshots if we 'd like and use it.
If we want to change colors or anything else we *could* wait until Per was available again, provided he 'd like to maintain the site.

Yiannis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version