Author Topic: [Feature Request] keyboard shortcuts for user defined tools  (Read 14691 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: [Feature Request] keyboard shortcuts for user defined tools
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 03:57:49 pm »
@ jamieo

I see you finally implemented the change I suggested above. :shock: :roll:

Well, I'd have made the changes earlier, but I couldn't see what you were talking about because your big head was in the way. :roll:

One last thing before I pack up my toys and play elsewhere..

Welcome back.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:07:07 pm by Pecan »

Offline rjmyst3

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • wxFormBuilder
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 04:41:36 pm »
Good thinking Ceniza, I wonder if that works with normal win32 menus or if it's just a wx thing..

It is a wx thing. It parses the menu text for a tab. If the text after the tab can be interpreted as a key combination, it sets the accelerator property for the platform.

Try creating a menu item with an invalid key combo and note how the wx code removes the key combo portion.

jamieo

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 05:21:13 pm »
Removing the save within cbKeyBinder::OnRelease makes for a tools menu that is fully saved and restored - every time.
Well, I'd have made the changes earlier, but I couldn't see what you were talking about because your big head was in the way. :roll:
Oh dear....  I don't think it's my ego that's getting in the way of progress....

Welcome back.
Thank you for your warm welcome.  :)  ...but I never left.  While your attitude did convince me to stop trying to contribute to this project and go back to VS (at least until this project matures - along with it's developers), it doesn't mean cb isn't of any use to me on my usb key.  ;)

jamieo

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 05:31:44 pm »
It is a wx thing. It parses the menu text for a tab. If the text after the tab can be interpreted as a key combination, it sets the accelerator property for the platform.
I thought it might be as I'd kick myself if accelerators had been that easy in win32 all this time!  Thanks for explaining how it works, I don't know how language resources are handled in cb (seem to be hardcoded) but this might have been a better approach for customising all the menu shortcuts.

Jamie