Author Topic: (crush) debugging with gdb - infinit loop problem  (Read 25550 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: (crush) debugging with gdb - infinit loop problem
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 04:54:53 pm »
I've built the latest svn version that is already patched and the patch doesn't solve the problem. It is true that C::B doesn't crush but now you get an error message that debugging process can not be stopped and you can't get out of the debugging session unles you close C::B or at least the entire workspace. Could this be changed to Error message with ok and force quit button?

Domen

EDIT: Closing the project doesn't stop the debugging session. When you reopen the project the debugging session is stil  up and running. I doubt that this is a desired behaviour of C::B.

With SVN 3653 onward, which contains mandrav's debugger crash fix, I find that a debugee process in I/O wait, or in an infinite loop can be stopped on Linux with two clicks of the stop button.

So I can only guess that your modified version of GDB is adding another fly in the ointment.

Could you try your infinite loop program with the standard GDB 6.3 .
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:04:22 pm by Pecan »

Offline DoMeN

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: (crush) debugging with gdb - infinit loop problem
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 09:21:09 am »
I'm curently not able to as I am working on a nother windows machene. Will test it as soon as I get back to my machene.

Domen