Author Topic: Time to switch?  (Read 15753 times)

RShadow

Time to switch?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 05:55:50 am »
quote="rickg22"].

I'd say we should keep the wxdockit as a separate branch, so the devs can still download it and test it, while keeping and working on the current branch. (Just be careful of not committing to the wrong branch :roll: )[/quote]

I agree.  I think we should start a new branch with wx2.6 as the official version of wx, and start working on adding the new features such as docking windows.  Call this the development branch .. or whatever... I think the current branch we should release as 1.0 and leave it open.  No new features should go to this branch.. just bug/security fixes and name somebody as a "maintainer" of this branch.  This leaves the rest of the developers to start work on the 2.6 branch untill it becomes stable (read: production ready).

A "feature set" should be devised.. and once those features have all been implemented, then we make a branch again.. close the wx2.4 branch and leave the wx2.6 branch as stable.. and start another "feature set"...

just my opinion.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Time to switch?
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 09:47:36 am »
Thank you all for the feedback :)
CVS has been branched and the announcement is here.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Time to switch?
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 10:20:14 am »
Perhaps it is a good idea to post a news item on sourceforge and the website. ;)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

RShadow

Time to switch?
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 10:51:40 am »
Quote from: mandrav
Thank you all for the feedback :)
CVS has been branched and the announcement is here.

Yiannis.

Thanks Yiannis.  I think this will greatly enhance Code::Blocks development.