Author Topic: My problems while using C::B  (Read 3163 times)

mirex

My problems while using C::B
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:13:40 pm »
Hi, I'm new user of C::B ( i recently moved from WinXP MSVC6.0 to Ubuntu 6.06 and I look for good C++ IDE ), i'm using nightly build 2007-feb-02

I'm trying to port my SDL app from Win to Unix.
- conversion of MS VC6.0 project to C::B went fine, compilation too, but debugging of app did not work. After pressing F8 to run it log displayed:
Build succeeded
Selecting target: Debug
Adding source dir: /data/work/testSdl/

and then it stopped. Then I tried to build up project settings from scratch and then it worked allright also with debugging.

- C::B crashes from time to time on some ocassions. I'll try to find out more when it happends.
- building is fine, but debugging is slow and lagging, reaction of C::B is laggy too (I have 1,6GHz processor so I guess it should not be). If I setup breakpoints before start of debugging then they work, but I can't add new breakpoints when app is running. I'm missing this feature.
- sometimes my app hangs and it won't redraw or move further. Its hard to kill it and to move on in C::B. In VC6.0 I was used to 'pause code' which would stop executing the code, and in 'call stack' I could see where it hangs. I miss this feature too.

i'll try to experiment some more. cheers ! mirex.