Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Time to release the CVS unstable? Or perhaps RC1?

(1/4) > >>

rickg22:
Now that we have a branch, I think it's time we should release a stable snapshot (binary, HEAD) so people can test it and *ahem* stop submitting outdated bugs.

Boy, we didn't count on this (the increasing popularity of Code::Blocks  :lol: ) when developing.

Or maybe... Yiannis, what bugs do you consider need to be fixed before releasing RC1?

darklordsatan:
I think on a side note, a development snapshot should be released more often, for several reasons:
1. As you say, people would stop submitting outdated bugs, but rather they'd be forced to use the "latest snapshot"
2. For lazy people (like me) who dont know cvs at all (I played with it sometime, but Im too lazy to be updating my local copy too often)
3. And some other

BTW, Do you meant a binary snapshot? Im talking more like a source one, but a binary would be fine for the testers

And this is just MHO, but a RC1 would imply the 1.0 is almost ready and only bug fixing should be done, so probably the focus should be to fix the current bugs and implement the TODOs and some "cool" requested features, then make the RC1

rickg22:
Yes, i mean binary.

David Perfors:
Should there be more features in the current cvs version? I don't think so. (Perhaps a few..) And yes I think we should release a RC1 or finalbeta 2 :P

phlox81:
Yeah, time for Release Candidate has come ;)
waiting for it now so long :]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version