Author Topic: Problems with colours.bmp  (Read 8368 times)

DaRkZeAlOt

Problems with colours.bmp
« on: July 09, 2005, 01:52:42 pm »
Hello,
I tried to compile CodeBlocks the first time, following the tutorial http://codeblocks.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Compiling_wxWidgets_2.6.1_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29 wich seemed to work fine first.

Got myself the newest mingw32-make, build the object files and set up all directories. But after quite a while i got the following error message :

=================================
Compiling: src\resources\resources.rc
windres.exe: can't open bitmap file `wx/msw/colours.bmp': No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
=================================

This is strange because the file IS there and the other compilation stuff worked out well. Any ideas ?

I also browsed around a bit through this forum but usualy this seems to disappear wehn using the actual make  :shock: .

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 02:02:44 pm »
Look in the project compiler options -> directories -> Resource compiler and look if the directory excist there. if not add it. (without wx/msw)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

DaRkZeAlOt

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 02:19:48 pm »
Thx for that, it worked fine after adding the directory  :) . Anyway i would be glad if you can help me also with the next problem that appeared  :wink: :

===============================
Linking dynamic library: devel\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\debuggergdb.dll
.objs\2.6.0\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o(.text+0x685e): In function `ZN11DebuggerGDB14CmdDisassembleEv':
F:/Programmierung/Apps/CodeBlocks/plugins/debuggergdb/debuggergdb.cpp:756: undefined reference to `DisassemblyDlg::DisassemblyDlg(wxWindow*, DebuggerGDB*)'
.objs\2.6.0\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o(.text+0x6998): In function `ZN11DebuggerGDB12CmdBacktraceEv':
F:/Programmierung/Apps/CodeBlocks/plugins/debuggergdb/debuggergdb.cpp:764: undefined reference to `BacktraceDlg::BacktraceDlg(wxWindow*, DebuggerGDB*)'
.objs\2.6.0\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o(.text+0x69f0):F:/Programmierung/Apps/CodeBlocks/plugins/debuggergdb/debuggergdb.cpp:765: undefined reference to `BacktraceDlg::Clear()'
.objs\2.6.0\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o(.text+0x74d2): In function `ZN11DebuggerGDB11ParseOutputERK8wxString':
F:/Programmierung/Apps/CodeBlocks/plugins/debuggergdb/debuggergdb.cpp:903: undefined reference to `BacktraceDlg::AddFrame(StackFrame const&)'
.objs\2.6.0\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o(.text+0x7864):F:/Programmierung/Apps/CodeBlocks/plugins/debuggergdb/debuggergdb.cpp:989: undefined reference to `DisassemblyDlg::Clear(StackFrame const&)'
.objs\2.6.0\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o(.text+0x7aba):F:/Programmierung/Apps/CodeBlocks/plugins/debuggergdb/debuggergdb.cpp:1002: undefined reference to `DisassemblyDlg::AddAssemblerLine(wxString const&)'
===============================

Seems for me like i didn't include some libraries but under "project|Build options|Linker options" wxmsw26 is linked, anything to be added ?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 02:53:17 pm »
No, it's just that the project file is not up-to-date.
Add plugins/debuggergdb/disassemblydlg.* and plugins/debuggergdb/backtracedlg.* to the project (in the debugger plugin target).

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

DaRkZeAlOt

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 03:32:35 pm »
Strange, i added aswell backtracedlg.cpp as disassemblydlg.h and checked them but i still getting exactly the same error message ...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 04:40:30 pm »
Quote from: DaRkZeAlOt
Strange, i added aswell backtracedlg.cpp as disassemblydlg.h and checked them but i still getting exactly the same error message ...

Which target did you add them in?

Yiannis.
Be patient!

DaRkZeAlOt

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 07:09:38 pm »
I wasn't realy sure what you meant (sorry, first time using CodeBlocks ^^) so best watch this screenshot :

(you can't see backtracedlg.cpp here but it's added also)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 07:20:02 pm »
I see no problems there...
Click "Compile->Select target...->plugin_DebuggerGDB" and then "Compile->Rebuild".
This should rebuild the debugger plugin from scratch. There should be no linking errors...

Don't forget to click on "Compile->Select target...->All" after you rebuild the debugger plugin!

Yiannis.
Be patient!