Author Topic: Code::Blocks structure  (Read 10347 times)

RShadow

Code::Blocks structure
« on: July 09, 2005, 08:53:56 am »
I'm hoping that somebody can get me up to speed on the logic behind the directory structure of Code::Blocks.  Is there a reason/purpose behind the sdk/ and src/ directories?

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 09:10:24 am »
Yes there is, the src directory is the "normal" source of codeblocks. and the sdk is the shared code which also could be used for making plugins.
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 09:50:04 am »
src/ contains the application code. The main window, environment settings and what binds C::B together.
sdk/ contains the core classes that do all the work. It is used by the main app and the plugins.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

RShadow

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 11:09:09 am »
Quote from: mandrav
src/ contains the application code. The main window, environment settings and what binds C::B together.
sdk/ contains the core classes that do all the work. It is used by the main app and the plugins.

Yiannis.

Ok.. Makes sense.  The only other question I have is about the plugins directory. There is a directory called compilergcc .. but this seems to have the code for all the compiler plugins.

Thanks.

Offline Profic

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 11:27:55 am »
Quote from: RShadow
Ok.. Makes sense.  The only other question I have is about the plugins directory. There is a directory called compilergcc .. but this seems to have the code for all the compiler plugins.

In the begining there was command line... err... :) This pluging firstly was intended to gcc only, but was in such a way than can support much more compilers :)
Not fear, nor tears can reach me now, the light seems so clear as the night fades away (c) Tristania - Beyond The Veil

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 11:40:27 am »
This could probably be changed sometime :)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 12:16:31 pm »
Yes the compiler toolchain framework is going to be changed post-1.0.
There will be an open discussion about it. I have some ideas which I 'll post and start a discussion from there to perfect its design.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...