Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Code::Blocks structure

(1/2) > >>

RShadow:
I'm hoping that somebody can get me up to speed on the logic behind the directory structure of Code::Blocks.  Is there a reason/purpose behind the sdk/ and src/ directories?

David Perfors:
Yes there is, the src directory is the "normal" source of codeblocks. and the sdk is the shared code which also could be used for making plugins.

mandrav:
src/ contains the application code. The main window, environment settings and what binds C::B together.
sdk/ contains the core classes that do all the work. It is used by the main app and the plugins.

Yiannis.

RShadow:

--- Quote from: mandrav ---src/ contains the application code. The main window, environment settings and what binds C::B together.
sdk/ contains the core classes that do all the work. It is used by the main app and the plugins.

Yiannis.
--- End quote ---

Ok.. Makes sense.  The only other question I have is about the plugins directory. There is a directory called compilergcc .. but this seems to have the code for all the compiler plugins.

Thanks.

Profic:

--- Quote from: RShadow ---Ok.. Makes sense.  The only other question I have is about the plugins directory. There is a directory called compilergcc .. but this seems to have the code for all the compiler plugins.

--- End quote ---

In the begining there was command line... err... :) This pluging firstly was intended to gcc only, but was in such a way than can support much more compilers :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version