Author Topic: Source exporter bug ??  (Read 4756 times)

Offline dje

• Lives here!
Source exporter bug ??
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:48:08 pm »
Hi all !

I tried the Source exporter today (better late that never !) and I found a bug.
It seems that many entities are not correctly "translated" in HTML files and pdf (I didn't test other formats).
For example, '<' (&lt;) and '>' (&gt;) are correctly displayed in HTML but é (&eacute;) and ê (&ecirc;) are not (é and ê).

I found an entities list at http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/sgml/entities.html

It is worth in pdf; the following dummy line
t é < > à t
is pdf printed to a tab + 't'

BTW, I use real tabs for indentation with a 4 columns tab value. In HTML, it seems that tabs are 8 columns wide. Could it be possible to force space use with user defined number of columns for indentation ? This way, the display could be preserved. Is it possible to configure it (I didn't find where) ?

Dje

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: Source exporter bug ??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:57:27 am »
The plugin just takes every byte in the editor, formats/translates a few, reads the current style and sends that to a file, or uses wxPdfDocument for PDFs. The problem is the byte-at-a-time reading, 'cause in some cases a single glyph/symbol is made up of more than 1 byte (UTF-8 and such). I'll have to check that code again and try to find a good way around it.

The plugin has not a way to be configured, and by now the feature you're requesting seems to be the only thing that could be put in there. It'd be a very lonely dialog...

So, please be sure to file a bug report and a feature request at berlios for the record. I'll work on it when I get some free time.

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
Re: Source exporter bug ??
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:56:06 pm »
I also it takes away any set of characters after an escape character.