Author Topic: "Portable" Code::blocks?  (Read 34097 times)

wxLearner

Re: "Portable" Code::blocks?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 11:03:42 am »
I just wanted to repeat, it's not only the two plugins you talk about (dragscroll and keybinder) but also codesnippets. I've now looked into the code and have found this:
Quote from: codesnippetswindow.cpp
Code
// Load the snippets
m_SnippetsTreeCtrl->LoadItemsFromFile(ConfigManager::GetFolder(sdConfig) + wxFILE_SEP_PATH + _T("codesnippets.xml"));
It looks like Pecan is not the onlyone, who misinterpreted "ConfigManager::GetFolder"...
I think it's nice, that it's planned to make it possible to load the config from the web, but why shouldn't it be allowed to store other config files (e.g. even a sqlite db) too? For now it would be enough to just get the path to the currently used location without having to rewrite the logic, which Code::Blocks uses to get it. So a portable version of Code::Blocks with all contributed plugins and many many preconfigured libs could be made NOW and the life of beginners could be much easier 8) Also there could be even more motivation for users to start with Code::Blocks, if a preconfigured version with really many libs, that could be used out of the box, would exist.

Nevertheless Code::Blocks is the best :D

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 11:56:07 am »
I just wanted to repeat, it's not only the two plugins you talk about (dragscroll and keybinder) but also codesnippets. I've now looked into the code and have found this:

Actually... uh...

Look, a flying whale! *points to random direction*

*runs*

Seriously though, I use ConfigManager in Code snippets to save _config_. Snippets are in a separate XML file. The remote config feature is a good argument to use ConfigManager everywhere though.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 09:11:53 pm »
<rant>Why does nobody use the forum search???</rant>

Because it's an awful implementation of search. It seems to come up with nothing or everything. The user can't use special characters, and words can't be grouped and {insert more complaints}...

Can you be more specific? I never had problems searching the forums...

Go to the forum index and search for ".deb"
Can't be done. Not even with quotes.

Now go to Google and enter site:forums.codeblocks.org .deb
All you'll get is the info for .deb, just like you wanted.

This is just one example of many.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2007, 12:44:52 am »
KeyBinder Fixed SVN 3539

KeyBinder now uses the cbKeyBinder##.ini file when found in the codeblocks executable directory.