Author Topic: The 31 January 2007 build is out.  (Read 33860 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 31 January 2007 build is out.
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:39:42 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

To fix the menu alignment bug introduced in wx 2.6.3 [windows only bug] we have patched wx ourselves, and that results in the following alternative dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2AndCbPatch_version3.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 31 January 2007 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070131_rev3558_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070131_rev3558_Ubuntu6.xx.deb
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070131_rev3558_suse100+101.i586.rpm (not yet)
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070131_rev3558_fc4+5.i586.rpm (not yet)

Resolved Fixed:

• wxSmith:
    * Added wxsItem::IsPointer to check whether given item should be represented as pointer or as object in destination classes
    * wxTimer is now created as object, not pointer. This prevented memory leaks in destination classes
    * Added wxsItem::GetAccessPrefix and wxsItem::GetCreatePrefix and wxsItem::Codef (Printf-like function which helped to simplify process of creating source code)
    * Converted all current items to support new code-generation scheme
  • Added compiler settings versioning so when compiler defaults are changed the user is notified and given the chance to update to the newer settings
  • Compilers now save only the settings that differ from the default values. This leads to smaller configuration file
  • Editor syntax highlighting settings are now only saved if different than defaults
  • Fixed "Reset" button functionality in editor syntax highlighting page
  • Fixed a few problems with spaces in paths (including the resource compiler issue)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263) (is fixed with our special wx263/wx28 dll)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 10:46:17 pm by killerbot »

Offline Belgabor

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 31 January 2007 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:49:53 pm »
  • Added compiler settings versioning so when compiler defaults are changed the user is notified and given the chance to update to the newer settings

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there was an error in the warning message. It said that only the advanced options are affected, which I interpreted as everything that comes up when I pressed the so-called button on the Other tab. Nevertheless Compiler logging was reset from Full command line to Task description in my case.

• Fixed a few problems with spaces in paths (including the resource compiler issue)

At least for the resource complier I can confirm that. Thanks a lot :D

Offline Marenz

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:30:48 pm »
Found 2 Bugs:

1)

I added to functions to a subclass, that means a class that is declared inside an other class.
e.g
class A
{
class B
{...}
}

i got class A in own headers and all classes own cpp files.
the Functions in the cpp files are write like:
returnvalue A::B::functionname(..)

now i do Rightclick -> insert all class methods without implementation.
a windows pops up, showing me every function, including the already implenented ones. I think its because its a subclass.
well second bug is
2)
in that window i choosed the 2 added functions, but it adds only one of the choosed and an other one which was not choosed.

well and maybee 3. bug, it did not write A::B::name but B::name

rev 3558

--Ano

Offline @nthony

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:17:50 am »
Fixed a few problems with spaces in paths (including the resource compiler issue)
Mana from the heavens!! I can finally use new nightly's now!

Very very minor GUI bug:
Parts of the toolbar background do not refresh after a dialog box has been opened. I.E. after opening  the "compiler & debugger" dialog and closing it, the remenants of the caption bar of the dialog was left imprimented on the background of my toolbar. This may be related to the toolbar state bug, but in any case it is very minor as it can be fixed by compiling (or any other function that updates the toolbar area).

Good work!

LCsquare

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 02:33:36 am »
(Sorry for my poor english)

Hi~ I am a new user of Code::Block (But already used for a few months :P)

Today after I updated to this nighty build, then I restart the Code::Block, I received the following error message:

Can't read value of 'HKCR\.png\Content Type' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified)

Then I press OK to close the error window and everything is OK (no side effect?)

Does my computer has some files missing? Please help.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 03:09:58 am »
(Sorry for my poor english)

Hi~ I am a new user of Code::Block (But already used for a few months :P)

Today after I updated to this nighty build, then I restart the Code::Block, I received the following error message:

Can't read value of 'HKCR\.png\Content Type' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified)

Then I press OK to close the error window and everything is OK (no side effect?)

Does my computer has some files missing? Please help.

Your registry has a problem; below is my best guess on how to fix it. Use a text editor and create a file called png.reg and put the below code in it. Save the file. Click on the file to import it into registry this might fix your issue but might not.
This Code is AS-IS no warranty, use with caution.

Code
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.png]
"Content Type"="image/png"
"PerceivedType"="image"
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 08:02:51 am »
I wonder which component of CB or used by Cb wants to read "'HKCR\.png\Content Type' " ?

user_mv

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 08:15:12 am »
Greetings,

I'm a new user to the Code::Blocks IDE. I'm using Windows XP and minGW and the latest Codeblocks nightly build.  I've set the global variables in Codeblocks as cb = c:\codeblocks\src and wx = c:\wxwidgets-2.6.3. I have installed wxWidgets-2.6.3 and added the latest 2.6.3 patch. The SVN version of the code I'm using is 3558.

When I load CodeBlocks.cbp and try to build it (using minGW as the compiler), it begins compiling and completes all targets up until src and then fails. It fails because the linker does not find resources.res. In fact, it appears that the resource compiler (windres) never gets called, and thus resource.res never gets built.

And BTW, there are NO spaces in the names of my directories.

To get around this problem, I manually called windres by typing

C:\codeblocks\src>windres -i "C:\codeblocks\src\src\resources\resources.rc" -J rc -o .objs\2.6\src\resources\resources.res -O coff -IC:\wxWidgets-2.6.3\include -IC:\mingw\include

and then compile again inside Codeblocks. This time the linker finds resources.res and links succefully, but I do get the warning:

Info: resolving SquirrelVM::_VM       by linking to __imp___ZN10SquirrelVM3_VME (auto-import)

Is this warning normal ??

I am able to build the plugins without problems and when I run update.bat everything goes well. The newly generated Codeblocks seems to work fine. However, this temporary "fix" (assuming that's what it is) is clearly not an acceptable long term solution.

I don't know if the problem is something I'm doing wrong, or an incorrect project file (CodeBlocks.cbp), or a bug in the Codebocks code.

I hope you can fix this issue or point out what I'm missing. Thank you in advance.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 09:02:04 am »
I wonder which component of CB or used by Cb wants to read "'HKCR\.png\Content Type' " ?

I am guessing that something is trying to display an png file and it uses the registry to determine how to display it. This is complete guess work on my part. I tried to duplicate the error and could not do it by deleting the Content Type entry.

Tim S
--

alanwong

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 09:06:14 am »
Is it a bug ? When I click on a build message it don't jumps to the line.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 09:08:43 am »
Greetings,

I'm a new user to the Code::Blocks IDE. I'm using Windows XP and minGW and the latest Codeblocks nightly build.  I've set the global variables in Codeblocks as cb = c:\codeblocks\src and wx = c:\wxwidgets-2.6.3. I have installed wxWidgets-2.6.3 and added the latest 2.6.3 patch. The SVN version of the code I'm using is 3558.

When I load CodeBlocks.cbp and try to build it (using minGW as the compiler), it begins compiling and completes all targets up until src and then fails. It fails because the linker does not find resources.res. In fact, it appears that the resource compiler (windres) never gets called, and thus resource.res never gets built.

C:\codeblocks\src>windres -i "C:\codeblocks\src\src\resources\resources.rc" -J rc -o .objs\2.6\src\resources\resources.res -O coff -IC:\wxWidgets-2.6.3\include -IC:\mingw\include

and then compile again inside Codeblocks. This time the linker finds resources.res and links succefully, but I do get the warning:

Info: resolving SquirrelVM::_VM       by linking to __imp___ZN10SquirrelVM3_VME (auto-import)

I am able to build the plugins without problems and when I run update.bat everything goes well. The newly generated Codeblocks seems to work fine. However, this temporary "fix" (assuming that's what it is) is clearly not an acceptable long term solution.

I don't know if the problem is something I'm doing wrong, or an incorrect project file (CodeBlocks.cbp), or a bug in the Codebocks code.

I hope you can fix this issue or point out what I'm missing. Thank you in advance.

I ignore the (auto-import) warnings that I get.
But your work around using windres is NOT normal.

Tim S
--

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 09:12:13 am »
Is it a bug ? When I click on a build message it don't jumps to the line.

Yes, it is a bug. I have no idea if it is a know bug that is being worked on. Someone complained about it in the last few days, but the C::B team member was not able to duplicate it at first. I have no idea if they could duplicate it later on.

Tim S
--

alanwong

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 09:20:48 am »

It is to be regretted that ...

Offline once_upon_user

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 09:40:35 am »
Hello,

I do not give a try to every nightly  built, but I enjoy having a new version compiled from SVN once for a several days.. I admire people working on this wonderful software. However There are still some improvments to made. I'm not an expert in operating CB but, When I try to use feature : "find declaration" it fails in a case
when  there is a struct defined similar to the one shown below:
Code
typedef struct {
byte bunch;
byte ext_num[MAX_DIR_N];
byte int_num[MAX_DIR_NO_AB];
byte opts;     
} __attribute__ ((packed))  NAME_OF_STRUCTURE;
I got result that declaration wasn't found. The problem could be with analyze last line.

Offline stardust

• http://www.hightec-rt.com
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 10:08:43 am »
Starting C::B prints out
(codeblocks:12810): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_window_realize_icon: assertion `info->icon_pixmap == NULL' failed
and then runs.

SVN: 3557
wx2.6.1 (Linux, unicode)

BTW: Would be nice if the build/system info in Help->About could be copied/pasted and was not provided as image (label or so)...
Own SVN builds (quite new) • SuSE Linux 10.0 • Linux kernel 2.6.13-15-default
gcc 4.0.2 (20050901)
wxGTK-2.6.1.0-4 • KDE 3.4.2b • gtk2 2.8.3-4

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 10:11:57 am »
I confirm the bug with windres mentioned by user_mv but in my case with Windows 2000. So I came back to yesterday build (3553) which has not this problem.
And the bug described by once_upon_user looks similar to the one I described in http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=5044.msg39535#msg39535.

gd_on

PS: Full logs : With 3553 works OK. With 3558 : windres is not invoked.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:48:11 am by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline stardust

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 11:57:17 am »
C::B grabs the mouse! I cannot use the mouse in any application, entering text via keyboard is still possible. The mouse pointer looks like a "plus inupper left corner".

Last action was:
(Resources tab is active)
Project->Built options -> Change compiler default for all projects -> Confirm

Click on 'Project view in Manager' (formerly was the resources tab).

SVN: 3558

I tried to make a snapshot (blame me), but get in the snapshot tool:

Code
Grabbing the mouse failed with "AlreadyGrabbed"

Killing C::B releases the mouse.

----

I just reproduced the bug.
I now cound not even use the keyboard and ALT+TAB to switch to a console and had to kill C::B from remote...

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:12:16 pm by stardust »
gcc 4.0.2 (20050901)

Offline rjmyst3

• wxFormBuilder
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 01:32:03 pm »
this sounds like a well know bug in wxGTK 2.6.x - it doesn't handle drag'n'drop properly, so it's possible to get stuck "dragging" if you move the mouse while clicking on a tab.

If you feel like compiling code::blocks yourself, you could modify the sources to disable dragging in the notebook - see nzoltan's question in this thread:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=4442.msg35221#msg35221

This bug is fixed in wxGTK 2.8, and there has been significant work by the Code::Blocks team to build with wx2.8, so hopefully soon we'll see a nightly built against wx2.8.

warlock24

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 02:23:00 pm »
Hi,

Could someone can explain me why actualy theres no precompiled version of SDK included with nightly builds?

Is this such big problem to add one more link and provide "sdk.zip" to each topic?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 02:25:28 pm »
the sources structures are different, we need to refactor those

wxLearner

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 02:53:24 pm »
Hello,
I think, I've found a small bug in wxSmith: wxStdDialogButtonSizer doesn't work anymore.
(seen on WinXP SP2)

Thank you for the best IDE! :D

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 03:20:32 pm »
Greetings,

What version of GCC are you using?
3.3.x or 3.4.x?

Please verify that the file "c:\wxwidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_dll\mswu\wx\msw\rcdefs.h" exists?

Tim S

Right click on src\resources\resources.rc in the "Projects" viewer.
On the advanced tab try changing compiler Variable to CPP instead and see if that works.
Also, remove the check mark by link file under general tab.

Note: I had the problem for me on testing C::B link against wxWidgets 2.8.1.1 with WX_PRECOMP turned off (By that I mean WX_PRECOMP was not defined.) Note, if you are using GCC 3.3.x you will be doing something like having WX_PRECOMP turned off.

Code
		<Unit filename="src\resources\resources.rc">
<Option compilerVar="WINDRES" />
<Option target="src" />
</Unit>
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 04:56:39 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline stardust

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 04:54:49 pm »
this sounds like a well know bug in wxGTK 2.6.x - it doesn't handle drag'n'drop properly, so it's possible to get stuck "dragging" if you move the mouse while clicking on a tab.

If you feel like compiling code::blocks yourself, you could modify the sources to disable dragging in the notebook - see nzoltan's question in this thread:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=4442.msg35221#msg35221

Yepp, thanks for the link. It works now.

If you feel like compiling code::blocks yourself
As far as I can see there is no alternative to that. I want to add support for some more compilers etc...
gcc 4.0.2 (20050901)

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 07:01:12 pm »

I've got a similar problem, in that all the C::B projects I have that have a resource file are no longer being compiled, and as was pointed out, windres is never being called.  Could it be that compiler variable 'WINDRES' is no longer set or had no action?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »

I've got a similar problem, in that all the C::B projects I have that have a resource file are no longer being compiled, and as was pointed out, windres is never being called.  Could it be that compiler variable 'WINDRES' is no longer set or had no action?

I deleted the compiler variable value of windres and it automaically put in CPP and it worked for me after I removed the link file check mark.

Tim S
--

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 08:28:06 pm »

I deleted the compiler variable value of windres and it automaically put in CPP and it worked for me after I removed the link file check mark.

Tim S

Works also for me, but it's just a workaround because rc file is not compiled nor linked. So, as if there were not any resource file. Again came back to 3553 build.  :(

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 08:33:23 pm »

Tim S

Works also for me, but it's just a workaround because rc file is not compiled nor linked. So, as if there were not any resource file. Again came back to 3553 build.  :(

gd_on

No, the .res file was created when I rebuild the project so I do NOT think the resource file was left out.
Note, I left it checked so it was compiled. I have no idea are resource files supposed to be linked?

Tim S
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:39:04 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline Marenz

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 08:43:06 pm »
C::B grabs the mouse! I cannot use the mouse in any application, entering text via keyboard is still possible. The mouse pointer looks like a "plus inupper left corner".

Last action was:
(Resources tab is active)
Project->Built options -> Change compiler default for all projects -> Confirm

Click on 'Project view in Manager' (formerly was the resources tab).

SVN: 3558

I tried to make a snapshot (blame me), but get in the snapshot tool:

Code
Grabbing the mouse failed with "AlreadyGrabbed"

Killing C::B releases the mouse.

----

I just reproduced the bug.
I now cound not even use the keyboard and ALT+TAB to switch to a console and had to kill C::B from remote...

I can confirm this bug. i always thought it was my window-managers fault. i got Ion3, debian etch, wx2.6 .
I don't need to open some menu'S for that, well i never actually see when it happens, i just programm as normal and suddendly i realize that i can't click anything. after trying to close CB, it refuses to close, but the problem was also gone.

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 08:58:57 pm »
No, the .res file was created when I rebuild the project so I do NOT think the resource file was left out.
Note, I left it checked so it was compiled. I have no idea are resource files supposed to be linked?

Yes, they should be linked, if not they will not be included as part of the resulting binary.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 10:44:57 pm »

Yes, they should be linked, if not they will not be included as part of the resulting binary.

I am using a custom command to build the res file.

$rescomp -i $file -J rc -o .objs\2.6\src\resources\resources.res -O coff $res_includes

It appeared to work and then it stopped working.

Tim S
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:32:54 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 04:03:53 am »
I can confirm the resource issue for r3560, Win XP, GCC 4.1.1, Unicode. Building appears to work according to the Build Messages panel, but the Build Log shows otherwise. This issue makes C::B unable to build itself, among other things.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)