User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Resource files

(1/4) > >>

Vampyre_Dark:
:twisted:  :evil:  :x My thread was deleted the first time.

I have a .rc resrouce file in my project, and it does not get compiled into a .res file. I have added the path in the platform sdk to rc.exe (The vc++ resource compiler).

I can compile them manually
--- Code: ---rc.exe /r xxxxx.rc
--- End code ---
to get my res file. Now when I put the res file with the object files to be linked in, it says 'cvtres.exe' command execution failed.

Also, when added to the project, the .rc file is treated as some misc file, and goes under the 'other files' section. The .res files can be added, and get a resource files section for them.... .res files are the compiled output of the resource compiler, and shouldn't be what you open as a resource... the .rc files are the 'source code' files.

rickg22:
VD: Try to look at how Code::Blocks was compiled, we use rc files, too! :)

Vampyre_Dark:

--- Quote from: rickg22 ---VD: Try to look at how Code::Blocks was compiled, we use rc files, too! :)
--- End quote ---
I never said you didn't. :) I need a little help getting my rc files to compile. CB is not making my .res file at all, and I have done what was in the previous thread (check compile and link).

rickg22:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dunno. Actually i don't work with res files :-P Yiannis?

Vampyre_Dark:
As for the IDE portion:

The .res is a binary. It's the output from the resource compiler. The RC file should be under resources, and not others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version