Author Topic: Error logs  (Read 5918 times)

Offline KirkD

• Multiple posting newcomer
Error logs
« on: January 11, 2007, 05:12:26 pm »
Every time I fire up CodeBlocks I get a little yellow window saying "Errors logged" and it proceeds to tell me "Review them in the logs..."  So where the heck are the logs?  I've dug through every directory and can't seem to find any log file that is actually changed on todays date.

-Kirk

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
Re: Error logs
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 05:20:08 pm »
The log mentioned in this yellow box is not any log file but it is the "Code::Blocks Debug" tab in the Messages-pane. If it is not visible then you should "right-click" on a tab and select this tab in the submenu "Show/hide".
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline KirkD

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 11:55:53 pm »
OK, and within this pane I get:

[15:54:34.521]: Initializing plugins...

This doesn't seem to be an error.

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 12:01:43 am »
This probably isn't the only message there...
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline Phatency

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 12:09:46 am »
That pop-up is indeed confusing. Every once in a while someone comes asking where are they exactly, and I had to search for them too..

Offline KirkD

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 06:44:34 pm »
On that day, that was the only message I saw - perhaps I didn't scroll up?  Today, I have the following lines flagged in red:

[10:39:13.343]: ERROR: Plugin resource not found: CBProfiler.zip
[10:39:13.534]: ERROR: Plugin resource not found: compilergcc.zip
[10:39:13.614]: ERROR: Plugin resource not found: debuggergdb.zip
[10:39:13.764]: ERROR: Plugin resource not found: pluginwizard.zip
[10:39:13.814]: ERROR: Plugin resource not found: projectwizard.zip

CBProfiler.zip and projectwizard.zip are not present in my nightly build (3455).  The other files are also not present, but there is a logical substitute for each.  I have on my system compiler_gcc.zip, debugger_gdb.zip, and plugin_wizard.zip.

Why would the two missing files not have been included?  And, can I simply rename the three with underscores to match what is being sought?

-Kirk

I tried renaming the three files with underscores and now I get the following errors instead:

[10:45:10.158]: ERROR: No plugin manifest file in resource: C:\Program Files\CodeBlocksNightly\share\codeblocks\compilergcc.zip
[10:45:10.239]: ERROR: No plugin manifest file in resource: C:\Program Files\CodeBlocksNightly\share\codeblocks\debuggergdb.zip
[10:45:10.389]: ERROR: No plugin manifest file in resource: C:\Program Files\CodeBlocksNightly\share\codeblocks\pluginwizard.zip

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:47:10 pm by KirkD »

mscava

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 06:48:49 pm »

Offline KirkD

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 07:07:14 pm »
Yes, indeed it did.  I also used the Search feature (as I know you all wish people would) and found numerous discussions about various files.  Way down the list was a thread of this sort that said to remove the DLL/ZIP files and to install Nightlys in a fresh directory.  I am adequately spanked.

-Kirk