Author Topic: The 'Other' tab in the Global compiler settings is not compiler specific  (Read 5401 times)

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
This is a possible bug/feature request. Is it intentional that the 'Other' tab in the 'Settings->Compiler and debugger->Global Compiler Settings' is not compiler specific?

To be clear I wanted to set the number of process for parallel builds to 2 for gcc and for VC 7.1/8.0 to only 1 because the multi processes doesn't seem to work with the pch settings. (I know that pch is only truly supported by gcc that is why I am backing the number of processes back to 1)
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 'Other' tab in the Global compiler settings is not compiler specific
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:19:52 pm »
intentional, therefor it's called compiler-independent options ;-)

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 04:03:55 pm »
Oops missed that. :oops: Can this be added? I think it would be great to have the processes part compiler specific.
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:47:41 pm »
Oops missed that. :oops: Can this be added? I think it would be great to have the processes part compiler specific.

It wouldn't make any sense because this feature is provided by C::B, not any compiler. I 'm certain that whatever your original problem is, should not have anything to do with this.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 07:52:21 pm »
It wouldn't make any sense because this feature is provided by C::B, not any compiler. I 'm certain that whatever your original problem is, should not have anything to do with this.
You are probably right.
- Ryan