Author Topic: Building CodeBlocks  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
Building CodeBlocks
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:00:21 pm »
Hi everyone, i just switched to linux and am trying to install Code::Blocks

Since i'm on PPC (i'm on Ububtu 6.06 PPC) i can't use the nightly builds so i'm attempting to build from source

i'm following the instructions found at http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Linux

however, when i try to bootstrap, i get the following errors:

Code
configure.in: 10: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not `AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
configure.in: 10: required file `./[src/sdk/config.h].in' not found
configure.in: 10: required file `./[src/sdk/stamp-h.in' not found
src/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `dist_pkgdata_DATA'
src/sdk/Makefile.am:3: PRECOMPILE_HEADERS does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
automake: src/sdk/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `$(srcdir)/sdk.h.gch' is in subdirectory
automake: src/sdk/wxscintilla/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/PlatWX.cpp' is in subdirectory
automake: src/sdk/wxscintilla/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/ScintillaWX.cpp' is in subdirectory
automake: src/sdk/wxscintilla/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/wxscintilla.cpp' is in subdirectory
automake: src/sdk/wxscintilla/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/scintilla/src/AutoComplete.cxx' is in subdirectory
automake: src/sdk/wxscintilla/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/scintilla/src/CallTip.cxx' is in subdirectory
automake: src/sdk/wxscintilla/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/scintilla/src/CellBuffer.cxx' is in subdirectory
automake: src/sdk/wxscintilla/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/scintilla/src/ContractionState.cxx' is in subdirectory
...... (goes on for pages)

any idea? thanks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 04:30:44 pm by Auria »

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
Re: Building CodeBlocks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:56:17 pm »
anyone?  :(

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 07:05:49 pm »
anyone?  :(
give linux people some time   :)

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 09:32:51 pm »
Are you trying to build completely from source? It looks like Ubuntu Dapper has the packages needed to build available in the repositories for PPC. Try using my how-to for building from svn located at http://wjkirby.googlepages.com/buildingcode%3A%3Ablocksfromsvnonubuntu6.06

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 09:37:38 pm »
Are you trying to build completely from source? It looks like Ubuntu Dapper has the packages needed to build available in the repositories for PPC. Try using my how-to for building from svn located at http://wjkirby.googlepages.com/buildingcode%3A%3Ablocksfromsvnonubuntu6.06

Well i was trying to build Code::Blocks from source, the rest was just obtained with apt-get.

I did pretty much exactly the things mentionned in your how-to, except maybe that i didn't install libtool, fakeroot, debhelper and zip. Dunno how big difference that would make? Probably none i guess

Well i can try again, but i don't think the problem is there.

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 09:51:07 pm »
fakeroot and debhelper would be for building the deb. I'm thinking that you will need the other two, but I'm not 100% for sure on that.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 10:32:33 pm »
Well i was trying to build Code::Blocks from source, the rest was just obtained with apt-get.

I did pretty much exactly the things mentionned in your how-to, except maybe that i didn't install libtool, fakeroot, debhelper and zip. Dunno how big difference that would make? Probably none i guess

Well i can try again, but i don't think the problem is there.

On windows you have to have zip to build from source ( using Code::Blocks to build itself).
Tim S
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 10:34:30 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 12:55:03 am »
I followed one by one all the instructions on your how-to, but i still get the same error :(