Author Topic: How can I build a tarball of a project?  (Read 12398 times)

faern

How can I build a tarball of a project?
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:49:01 pm »
I want to release my project. I want it packed in a tarball with a configure script and so on, so I can execute 'configure && make && make install' on it.
Is it possible to build such packages from code::blocks? I used to do it in anjuta, it was in a menu called Build -> Build Distribution

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: How can I build a tarball of a project?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 10:09:39 pm »
I want to release my project. I want it packed in a tarball with a configure script and so on, so I can execute 'configure && make && make install' on it.
Is it possible to build such packages from code::blocks? I used to do it in anjuta, it was in a menu called Build -> Build Distribution

The packaging part, yes, you can do it easily from within C::B in more than one ways.
But if you want C::B to auto-generate the autotools magic files for you, you 're out of luck ;).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 04:42:09 pm »
Hi. Since this is exactly the same question I have for now... have there been any updates on utilities/plugins/scripts (even if they're third-party) to make config-make'able  tarballs for our projects?

I need to make my current C::B project easily-compilable for beta-testers. Any info?

Thanks!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 05:13:16 pm »
The cbMakefileGen plugin from kisoft might be usable for you.
If you search the forum for "cbMakefileGen" you get several threads.
The first one is the main thread: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6241.0.html .