User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Cannot build Code::Blocks correctly (I guess)

(1/2) > >>

Huub_Schaeks:
I've been trying to build Code::Blocks final Beta on my FC3 system with wxGTK-2.6 for a few days now but I keep getting an unsatisfactory result. Everything seems to be fine really. Building wxGTK is no problem (monolithic, shared, no unicode), building Code::Blocks after that is no problem, but when I start Code::Blocks I get a message like this:
"devel/share/CodeBlocks/plugins/libdebuggergdb.so: undefined symbol: _ZN14DisassemblyDlgC1EP8wxWindowP11DebuggerGDB"
Now, I'm not a C++ expert, but to me this looks like some compiling or linking error...
This is not the only thing that's wrong, just the most obvious one.
I've built Code::BLocks on WinXP and wxWidgets-2.6, so I've seen it work and I'd like to do some cross-platform things, but I can't and I'm getting frustrated. Any idea's anyone??

rickg22:
You Need to run the "update" script after compiling.

Huub_Schaeks:
Thanks for trying to help, but I'm afraid I've got a more general problem. It looks my CPU is faulty. I got random crashes while building wxGTK once more, which didn't occur anymore after disabling level1 and level2 cpu chache. So I think I'll have to look into that first.

Just to get things strait though by running the update script you mean 'make -f Makefile.unix.wx2.6 update'? I don't think there was an executable script in the src directory.

mandrav:

--- Quote ---"devel/share/CodeBlocks/plugins/libdebuggergdb.so: undefined symbol: _ZN14DisassemblyDlgC1EP8wxWindowP11DebuggerGDB"
--- End quote ---

The Makefile for wx2.6  might be inaccurate (it is not always up to date).

--- Quote ---Just to get things strait though by running the update script you mean 'make -f Makefile.unix.wx2.6 update'? I don't think there was an executable script in the src directory.
--- End quote ---

Run ./update (it's in the same dir with the Makefiles).

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
Thanx Yiannis

You were right about the makefile. After comparing the unix and unix_2.6.0 version I added some references to some files in the debugger plugin and the newly compiled code::blocks started just fine.

But then I found that there is no editor, and no open files list. I did compile the stc contrib from wxGTK2.6.0, but is seems like it's just not used or not found, without any messages though, so I guess it's more complicated than that. Anyone had this before?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version